New Uke day (squared)!

Gmoney

Reaction score
For someone in UAS-remission since receipt of my Mya-Moe, I found its a bad idea (depending on perspective, I guess) to drop in on a couple of the legendary "Mikes" or UU.

A week ago yesterday I was in Atlanta for business & had to stop in at the new brick & mortar Uke Republic store. Mike has a great setup & it was great to see my friend. I'm not known to be in sight of his ukes & not end up carrying one home, so it shouldn't have been a surprise that I did! He gave me a great deal on a red Kamoa Grand Concert & Steady case that I've been jonesing for since I saw them at Kamoa's NAMM show. It's tuned low-g, & sounds great! As usual, Mike sets them up great as well. Photo's & sound bites will follow as soon as I put it down.

Then.... driving my wife's recently repaired Caddy from Chicago back home to Sweet Home AL, I knew I had to stop in on Mike & Tookta in Nashville, IN, since I'd literally be driving right by through Indianapolis. And, of course, I knew that I would likely HAVE to bring something home w/me from that visit. Tookta made me a great deal on a red cedar Pineapple "second" & strung it up on the spot for me. I've wanted one of these for awhile & LOVE it. It was great to meet the Mainland Ukulele Mike & Tookta, of course. This little uke has that great tone I remember & loved about the red cedar tenor I sold to OldePhart a while back. Love everything about it, and it is more special since I was able to receive it in person from Mike & Tookta.

Photos & sound from both will be forthcoming.

Mike & Mike (and Tookta), THANKS so much for bringing my UAS back into swing!

Congrats Glenn,
on the Kamoa and Mainland, I would too stop by and see the two Mikes... hee hee wouldn't miss that for the world....happy strummings...
I have PM'd both of them and they are certainly really nice ....just to meet them is a treat, getting a uke from both of them would be an honor and pleasure..

Last edited:
That is a great few days, Gmoney! I can't see how you could possibly have left either place uke-less. Each of those Mikes is a great contribution to the uke community.

Do you have any ukes that are now ready to be re-homed?

Congratulations Glenn. I'm just glad that I don't live anywhere near either of those guys. I know that it would be hard not to make frequent buying junkets to them.

Those are great additions, Glenn! Thank goodness you have some new ukes to play cause that ratty collection of yours must be tough to face some days.

Looking forward to the pix.

Congratulations! It sounds like you didn't have a prayer...

That is just too cool~ meeting the Mikes and Tookta and getting the ukes in person!

Top Bottom