Kala KA-ASAC-C Solid Acacia Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

adampetcher

Reaction score
I'm selling my Kala KA-ASAC-C concert uke. The asking price is $200 including shipping to the 48 states. The price also includes a generic foam case.

I bought this from another UUer last year. I am a grad student with two young children, so I no longer have time to properly take care of the uke, much less play it (the Fluke gets what little time I have). This is a beautiful ukulele with a nice, well-rounded tone. It is strung with Worth brown (low G) strings. After I got it, I took it to my local uke shop and had them widen (slightly) the slot for the low-G string so it sounds better when played open.

Now for the bad news. Over the winter, the bookmatch joints on the front and back near the butt pulled apart a little bit. On the front, you can see the separation if you look real close from the correct angle(see the provided picture), and you can feel a little ridge when you run your hand across it. On the back, you can't really see the separation, but the wood near the joint has discolored a little bit (you can see this in the picture of the back). In my opinion, this hasn't affected the sound of the instrument. I recommend that you keep the uke humidified (as I failed to adequately do) if you live in a dry place.

Other than the (very minor) issue described above, the ukulele is in excellent condition.

IMG_0233.jpgIMG_0235.jpgIMG_0236.jpgIMG_0237.jpgIMG_0239.jpg

Last edited:
Sent another PM. Looks great and I'll take it. Just get back with me on how you want your $$. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom