"The Bonnie Ship 'The Diamond'"

This is a great song. I enjoy your videos so much.

wicked job as ever mate, really liked that tune, and i must say that shirt does look rather dapper. they are playing at the natural history museum on friday in front of darwins statue :)
keep the songs comin mate, they help make the days so much better, your tunes are like rays of golden sunshine :)

That just might be about my favorite of all the songs I've heard you do. And that's saying something.

Great performance Eugene. Your version really "cooks". That is a variant on the tune I know. I guess you must be familiar with Jez Lowe's take on that song, aren't you?

How's the folk scene in GB these days? I used to half make a living at it, back in the early 80s, before I moved to sunny Iberia, but I'm guessing that it's not as easy to earn a living as a folky these days.

Great performance Eugene. Your version really "cooks". That is a variant on the tune I know. I guess you must be familiar with Jez Lowe's take on that song, aren't you?

How's the folk scene in GB these days? I used to half make a living at it, back in the early 80s, before I moved to sunny Iberia, but I'm guessing that it's not as easy to earn a living as a folky these days.
thanks folks, glad you enjoyed it.

Barbablanca I'm actually in Tassie, not UK. The folk scene here is a vibrant and inclusive one, but small. There are a couple of pubs around here that focus on folk stuff, blues and jazz but the dominant theme is pub rock and cover bands, like most places I guess. there are 2 wonderful folk festivals here in Tassie each year, The Cygnet FF and the Georgetown FF, both awesome weekends. The Georgetown one is pretty civilised so to speak, while the Cygnet one is a more hippy, feral, camp out affair...both awesome weekends though. :)

Top Bottom