Pono Mahogany Blem/Refurbished ukes

Doc_J

Reaction score
Last edited:
Thanks for the head's up, this is a considerable upgrade for me.

The other good news is that my Kala KA-P is soon to be my beater uke of choice. :cool:

Great prices in conparision to Hawaiian Music Supply (soprano = $299). I'll try a soprano if the seller send by USPS Priority or Express to me in Brazil. If I really make a deal, I'll return here to comment.

I snagged a concert. If it shows up without any gaping cracks in it it's a steal. Psyched.

incredible prices...makes me wonder how bad the blemishes are...
but gee, some plastic ukes are up around the 130 mark these days...seems like it'd be hard to go wrong here...hmmm :confused: thanks for the info and link doc

Must...not...press..."buy"

If I didn't already have a great mahogany soprano I'd be all over it, though.

John

I've bought guitars marked as seconds in the past. Usually what gets marked as seconds have blemishes that are hard to see. One of the most beautiful looking, best playing, and great sounding guitars I ever owned was a second.

At this time 9 concerts have been sold and none of the sopranos. I wonder why. Maybe because people looking for an inexpensive soprano are beginners. Folks who have been playing a while seem to prefer concerts, tenors or long neck sopranos. One of my ukes is a soprano KoAloha and I love its sound, vibe and looks but I find the neck too limiting. I bought one of these pono concert seconds. It's a great price, and it would be nice to have another concert that I can tune to the reentrant high G.

I've bought guitars marked as seconds in the past. Usually what gets marked as seconds have blemishes that are hard to see. One of the most beautiful looking, best playing, and great sounding guitars I ever owned was a second.

Blems are awesome-- for dealing with an imperfection that's often hard to find, you safe a bunch of money. I've never known a blem from a reputable builder that had any issues with tone or playability. My Mainland was sold as a second because of a slight knot in the wood. It plays great, sounds great, and I've never had a day where the blemish has bothered me.

Those Ponos are a great deal. I'm another one who keeps hovering over the buy button, but is totally over-uked. Hey, all you people who ask "What should my first uke be?"!!!! Go get one of these!

Shipping: Worldwide.

Check-out: "Seller does not ship internationally."

That was easy.

I hope they have some ACD's or ASD's coming soon! I'm fighting UAS regarding those, but I'd almost certainly give in for that kind of price reduction.

I hope they have some ACD's or ASD's coming soon! I'm fighting UAS regarding those, but I'd almost certainly give in for that kind of price reduction.

I'll bet they reduce the price of the sopranos, since they are not selling. These Ponos are a great deal, but I've already got some neglected ukes. Still I do need a mahogany concert.:)

How can anyone not want one after this demo/review?

Last edited:
I'll bet they reduce the price of the sopranos, since they are not selling. These Ponos are a great deal, but I've already got some neglected ukes. Still I do need a mahogany concert.:)

Makes sense; if they don't sell what happens to seconds?

RichM: you're absolutely right -- great deal. Pull the trigger.
(Lideruke: great profile pic)

Shipping: Worldwide.

Check-out: "Seller does not ship internationally."

That was easy.
oh ok. saw the 'worldwide' to but sent an email re shipping cost and got no reply. there it is then...

Another stellar Pono MC video....Bach anyone?
(If this uke would make one play this well, everyone would buy one. Alas, it is more the player than the instrument.)

Anyone ever switch out the geared tuners on the concert Pono? I think I wouldn't mind it as beach concert if I could switch em to friction tuners.

Top Bottom