Am I the only one who knows Barry Maz has...

Gwynedd

Reaction score
I bought it the second it came out. But that's because I follow him on twitter: @bazmaz_ukulele

bought the first one and enjoyed it. Cheers Barry and keep up the great work. As a collector of all things uke I daresay I'll buy this one as well...

i've got all 3 of Bazmaz's kindle books they are also available in paperback, i have got to be honest Baz has taught me a lot about playing the uke what with his e books and blog page, great reading for beginners and a year on i am still learning from them so good value for money as well

Wow.. Only just spotted this thread and, gulp, feel a bit humbled. Thanks everybody. Really appreciated.

The books are pretty basic and not tutor books - I just wanted to write something that dealt with the other stuff. I like how Gary at Ukulelia put it best - owners manuals for ukes. The aim was to give absolute beginners the sort of knowledge you'd only otherwise get by playing for a year or two. Also wanted them totally affordable. Think the uk kindle version is only two quid, so it was never intended to be a huge money spinner either. The royalties all go back into Got A Ukulele too - not a holiday fund (much to my wife's dismay!)

Anyway, am glad people like them - that's very rewarding.

Baz
X

I just finished Vol. 1 and am moving on to Vol 2. :)

I bought them both when volume 2 came out. Always good to have reference material.

And to support a fellow UU member.

-Kurt​

Humility aside, those are good books to have around. Mine are on the Kindle, and handy references for stringing and other issues. They are pithy and to the point. When I recommend a uke purchase, I recommend that book along with a Snark tuner and new strings. A sort of "must."

Great reference - I finished it last night!

A word about the covers too! I was adamant I wanted to use pictures of ukes I actually play and love. Book one is a Mainland. Obviously a KoAloha on the second and a Pono on the third.

Hmmmm got more ukes than books so perhaps need to write another as some ukes are feeling left out!

Have them both and find them useful reference.

I also have the chord book. With the kindle android phone app, I can have it to hand all the time.

Thanks Tootler - yeah I think the chord book works far better on a phone app like an Android or an iPhone than it does on an actual Kindle. It's clear on both, it's just the apps are quicker at flicking through the pages

(nb - an omnibus edition should be on Kindle version soon - collating the first two books into one volume for a better price. Keep eyes peeled)

Gwynedd - only just realised it was you who left that review. Thanks so much! And wow - you have one of the best Amazon rep scores I've ever seen!

Quite bonkers! The new book went to number 7 in all music reference books on Amazon Uk! *swoons*

Have them both and find them useful reference.

I also have the chord book. With the kindle android phone app, I can have it to hand all the time.

Thanks Tootler - yeah I think the chord book works far better on a phone app like an Android or an iPhone than it does on an actual Kindle. It's clear on both, it's just the apps are quicker at flicking through the pages

It also helps if you set bookmarks for each of the main chord groups - A, B, C etc. You can then quickly go to the chord you want to look up.

Top Bottom