Old Songs Festival, Altamont NY

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hey!

My wife and I spent the weekend at the Old Songs Festival of Music and Dance in Altamont, NY - the 32nd consecutive festival!

I go to participate in the Festival Jug Band, lead by Ron Gordon, with Bruce Hutton, Ken Whiteley, Michael Eck, and Ellie Ellis (Among Others) taking part, played in the Ukulele Jam, and attended a Ukulele Workshop being put on by Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer.

I met at least one other UU member, but didn't write his name down, and therefore can't remember it.

I was surprised by the number of uke players I talked to about UU, who had never heard of it. So I tried to spread the gospel.

Anyway, it was fun - as Kim Harris explained to a friend, we all spent the weekend covered in sweat, dust, and music.

It was glorious!

Next year the festival is June 28, 29, and 30.

I plan on being there.

(I'll post some photos when I get them from other people!)

-Kurt​

Hey!

...I met at least one other UU member, but didn't write his name down, and therefore can't remember it.

I was surprised by the number of uke players I talked to about UU, who had never heard of it. So I tried to spread the gospel.

Anyway, it was fun - as Kim Harris explained to a friend, we all spent the weekend covered in sweat, dust, and music.

It was glorious!

Next year the festival is June 28, 29, and 30.

I plan on being there.

(I'll post some photos when I get them from other people!)

-Kurt​

Hi Kurt. I was that one UU member that you met. Nice meeting you. What a great time that was and I had been reluctant to bring my uke but my daughter said "Dad, you defiinitely have to bring it!" I am glad I did!

~ Glynn :)

It was great meeting you, Glynn - and it got you to post something! Yay!

Well, Long Island isn't that far, and we're having a one-day Uke Fest in Schenectady, in September. Another excuse to come visit your daughter!

And plenty of time for more Ukulele Jams!

-Kurt​

Top Bottom