20th season of the ukulele

The Ukelites

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

PARAMETERS:
* your song must mention “heaven” or/and “hell”, “angel”, “devil” in it somewhere
* ukulele front and center
* state in your clip that the recording is for the "20th season of the ukulele"
* multiple versions of the same song are OK, last post will count, tracks posted as “bonus tracks” are very welcome, but won’t count
* one take, no overdubs
HAVE FUN WITH IT!

JUDGING CRITERIA:
points awarded in the following criteria:
* Playing /15
* Singing /15
* Overall performance: your ability to sell the song (camera presence; personality; creative flair; x-factor etc...) /10
* Set and Costume /10
for a total score out of a possible 50 points from each judge. We will collate our scores for final results. Equal scores will go in the hat!

JUDGES: The Ukelites (the complete Trio)
DEADLINE: 11:59 PM HAWAII TIME, SUNDAY JULY 8TH.

PRIZES:
1ST PLACE: The best and smallest Tuner for Uke we know, Personalized Winner- T-Shirt
2ND PLACE: Swingin’ Jazz Ukulele Songbook, Personalized Winner- T-Shirt
3RD PLACE: Package of Martin Strings, Ukelites-T-Shirt

PLAYLIST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA7994R5dso&list=PL70D7587FDEEDF51A

Last edited:
will be announced on July 1, deadline will be on Sunday July 8.

Hosted by the Ukelites...theme and prizes will follow on July 1. :)

Come on give us a teezer... Is it anything to do with Germany winning the
European cup :) A football song... Songs by Marlene Dietrich???

Come on give us a teezer... Is it anything to do with Germany winning the
European cup :) A football song... Songs by Marlene Dietrich???

Football????
Errr, no, this is gonna be - like German philospher Imanuel Kant would say - much more "metaphysical" ... hehehehe....

Football????
Errr, no, this is gonna be - like German philospher Imanuel Kant would say - much more "metaphysical" ... hehehehe....

Wonderful... I do think that a spot of philosophy would bring both intellectual and cultural
depth to the seasons of the ukulele. Who knows someone might even do that monumental
song "the Philosophers song" the lyrics of which always gives me pause for thought regarding
the meaning of life.

Wonderful... I do think that a spot of philosophy would bring both intellectual and cultural
depth to the seasons of the ukulele. Who knows someone might even do that monumental
song "the Philosophers song" the lyrics of which always gives me pause for thought regarding
the meaning of life.

Can't play this video in the U.S., but I know it pretty well by heart. There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya 'bout the raising of the wrist, Socrates himself was permanently pissed.

Now that both England and German are out of the Euros, both suffering at the feet of Pirlo,
let us give the final word to the Italian propagandist and revolutionary, Giuseppe Mazzini

“Music is the harmonious voice of creation; an echo of the invisible world.”

And move on to the music and away from the football.

Rob

Now that both England and German are out of the Euros, both suffering at the feet of Pirlo,
let us give the final word to the Italian propagandist and revolutionary, Giuseppe Mazzini

“Music is the harmonious voice of creation; an echo of the invisible world.”

And move on to the music and away from the football.

Rob

I heard that the winner of Euro 2012 gets its national debt paid off in full!

So here's the 20th season! Details in the first post. Playlist will follow! We're looking forward to your vids!
:smileybounce::smileybounce::smileybounce:

Very clever idea!
Do you want to expand the words required to include others that relate to heaven/hell?
Words like divine, celestial, Pearly Gates, St. Peter
Any name for the devil: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Satan

Then you could accept anyone who submits "Bohemian Rhapsody" (ha ha) or this one:
"Tell St. Peter at the Golden Gate that he'll just have to wait---I've just got to have another cigarette."

Is there a folk song about the devil going down a river with an animal...? :)

Very clever idea!
Do you want to expand the words required to include others that relate to heaven/hell?
Words like divine, celestial, Pearly Gates, St. Peter
Any name for the devil: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Satan

Then you could accept anyone who submits "Bohemian Rhapsody" (ha ha) or this one:
"Tell St. Peter at the Golden Gate that he'll just have to wait---I've just got to have another cigarette."

Is there a folk song about the devil going down a river with an animal...? :)

We thought about the "top" league, so synonyms for "the devil" or "angels" are ok, but not every average saint or sinner. We guess there are still enough songs left...

A folk song about the devil going down a river with an animal?
We would give some bonus points, especially if it's a 12bar blues written by yourself! ;)

A folk song about the devil going down a river with an animal?
We would give some bonus points, especially if it's a 12bar blues written by yourself! ;)

Wow! I was just writing one today! Too bad I have performance anxiety and no one will ever hear it.

Cosmos/Underground... I saw what you just did there.

Although to be more precise Heaven/Hell should be Underground/Cosmos:eek:ld:

The Cosmos belongs to the dark side.

Ohhhhh, great theme...this should be fun! Very clever you two!

Awesome theme! The first song that came to my head is this and these guys did a great job:

wee_ginga_yin said:
Cosmos/Underground... I saw what you just did there.

Although to be more precise Heaven/Hell should be Underground/Cosmos:eek:ld:

The Cosmos belongs to the dark side.

No light without darkness!:rolleyes:

Of course, there is always the answer to the ultimate question......... of life, the universe .............
and everything.

And now for something completely different.

How about an opening shot? This one has them all.

A traditional English song; Dives and Lazarus. The story is based on a parable in St. Luke's gospel.

In case anyone asks "Isn't that the tune to The Star of County Down?" the answer is yes but this song is older and there are several folk songs that have used this tune.

And now for something completely different.

How about an opening shot? This one has them all.

A traditional English song; Dives and Lazarus. The story is based on a parable in St. Luke's gospel.

In case anyone asks "Isn't that the tune to The Star of County Down?" the answer is yes but this song is older and there are several folk songs that have used this tune.

A very impressive start! You have got a perfect voice for these folk songs! Thanks for your entry and your Douglas Adams vid!

Top Bottom