Quartets anyone?

pulelehua

Reaction score
Running an idea up the proverbial flagpole:

I've done solo etudes. I've finished a book of duets (1 video to go). I'm about 3/4 through arranging Eine Kleine Nachtmusik for ukulele quartet. Someone has written to me and suggested that the next book be a whole book of quartets.

So, a few questions:

1. Would that be useful to you? i.e. Do you play in a group big enough to accommodate 4 parts?
2. How difficult would you be wanting the music to be? Eine Kleine has some definite tricky bits. But Part 4 is usually a fair bit easier than the rest. Would you want parts for different skill levels, or are you a hardcore quarteter, and want everyone challenged?

Ok.

Salute at your leisure.

:)

And thanks. Again. As usual.

John

Aloha John! So far the groups I play in have only worked up to three parts, but I can see us taking on four, particularly if the parts were for different skill levels.

One thing I've learned from playing in a number of ukulele groups is this: in any given group, there will always be someone who is up for a challenge (me!), someone whose idea of a challenge is strumming chords, and then the majority, who fall somewhere in between those two extremes.

Top Bottom