"Left Of Center," Suzanne Vega 80's Uke Cover

erivel

Reaction score
Oh man, I don't know what I've gotten myself into. I'm on a personal quest to cover the entire Pretty In Pink soundtrack. Some of the songs have me scratching my head...I'm thinking, how the heck am I going to do this?

Ok, at least I got track number two out of the way. "Left of Center" is my all time favorite Suzanne Vega song because I totally identified with the lyrics and it's just such a cool song. I wish I could have had more time to practice this one...well it is what it is. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Another great one! Two down! I think you ought to include all the songs that are in the film but not on the soundtrack...mostly because I think it is a cool project and because I want to see what you do with "Try a Little Tenderness" ;)
Great job here

Well done mate. That's the first time I've heard Suzanne Vega on the uke, you did her proud!

Thanks UkuEroll! Yeah, she's such a tremendous songwriter...I was surprised to see so few uke covers of hers on YouTube. There's an awesome one of Caramel by Danielle Ate the Sandwich.

Another great one! Two down! I think you ought to include all the songs that are in the film but not on the soundtrack...mostly because I think it is a cool project and because I want to see what you do with "Try a Little Tenderness" ;)
Great job here

Thanks TCK! Does that one count? I guess so, that was such a memorable scene!

Just magnificent Eric. Suzanne Vega was a huge influence on me growing up. got all her albums. This is a brilliant shot brother, take a bow
:cheers:

Just magnificent Eric. Suzanne Vega was a huge influence on me growing up. got all her albums. This is a brilliant shot brother, take a bow
:cheers:

Thanks Jon! I have fond memories of her first two albums. I got a chance to see her live a couple of years ago at an in-store at a Barnes and Noble bookstore a few blocks from my house. It was amazing to hear those songs, her voice gave me chills.

Last edited:
Nice job - I wish my fingers would move that fast!

Top Bottom