Mike DaSilva new website is up and running

Doc_J

Reaction score
Mike DaSilva has his new website up and running. Looks good.
Much updated Info and he even has some ukes for sale. I love Mike's ukes!

http://www.ukemaker.com/

The prices were about what I was afraid they'd be.

For the "available now" models? Yeah, those are pretty premium. But for something simpler his prices are surprisingly reasonable.

Jane when is your special 19-fret soprano targeted to be ready? It will be a DaSilva right ?

I love the new website layout! And I was pleasantly surprised to see my baby pictured on the main page banner. :eek: DaSilva ukes are awesome!

After having watched the journey you went through to get to the custom ukulele you wanted, I can't wait to see what it going to look like.

It's more about what it's going to *sound* like :) In terms of looks, it will be very, very plain.

I figured that. Of course, now you're going to have to post a sound sample after your new ukulele arrives. :)

I plan to, if I can convince my much more skilled friend to do the playing in order to really do the new uke justice... I've still got the problem of my playing abilities declining aby about 65% the minute a recording device comes out. Working on it!

I plan to, if I can convince my much more skilled friend to do the playing in order to really do the new uke justice... I've still got the problem of my playing abilities declining aby about 65% the minute a recording device comes out. Working on it!

I know this feeling well! By take 27, I'm usually back on my game, or so tired and delusional to not know the difference.

I was going to get a DaSilva, but, after a brief flurry of huge friendliness I had a lot of trouble contacting him. Then I started bothering Gordon Mayer, and he and Aaron were just wonderful, and have always replied almost instantly to any question, and they've built a tenor quite a lot like the concert I want, and there's video footage, so it just all feels like more of a known quantity. Which makes me feel a bit badly about Mike, but this ukulele is my present to myself for my 40th, it basically wipes out the last of my self-indulgent savings, and I want it to all be smooth. I'm hoping to even get to White Salmon to hand pick my wood sets. We shall see. (Sorry, didn't mean this to be an OT plug for MM...)

I was going to get a DaSilva, but, after a brief flurry of huge friendliness I had a lot of trouble contacting him. Then I started bothering Gordon Mayer, and he and Aaron were just wonderful, and have always replied almost instantly to any question...

You know, I almost did that exact thing - went with MM because their web presence was so strong. But Mike has been easy to reach by phone - he has never not answered any time I've called - so, different ways of doing business I guess. And easy for me since I'm on California time as well, but I can imagine that timing a phone call from the UK to CA could prove tricky.

Nice to see Mike has been increasing his web availability as well, with Facebook and Twitter and all that social media stuff.

I was going to get a DaSilva, but, after a brief flurry of huge friendliness I had a lot of trouble contacting him....

I don't want to speak for Mike, but I know there was a period of time during the past year or so when he was considering, and then in the process of, moving himself and his ukulele building business to Hawai'i. During that time he was apparently too crazy busy closing his Berkeley business and planning and execuring the move (he even had a "garage sale" of stuff in his ukulele studio that he didn't plan to take with him) that he may have been unable to prioritize stuff like attending to his website. Then the move to Hawai'i fell through and Mike was apparently crazy busy getting his life and his business back up and running in Berkeley. I've heard from people who have dealt with him that he'd always been reachable and attentive and that he was great to work with. You may have just caught him at a bad time.

Top Bottom