WTB Blueridge 40 Tenor Guitar

luluwrites

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering buying a Blueridge Tenor -- but even online the price is just a wee bit higher than my current budget.

Any of you have a Blueridge tenor guitar that you're not playing? Wanna tell me about it?

Last edited:
Provines had one I think. I just played one the other day and WOW, that thing was loud and magnificent!!! Wish I knew how to play one, I would be all over it!

Provines had one I think. I just played one the other day and WOW, that thing was loud and magnificent!!! Wish I knew how to play one, I would be all over it!

Tenor guitars can be tuned like a Baritone uke (DGBE) if you use the DGBE strings out of a regular guitar string set. :)

Yes, I had a Blueridge and it was a very nice instrument. I sold it and now have a Gold Tone chrome plated tenor guitar. It weighs a ton. It has pickup in it which what I was looking for and has a great "wow" factor. I have it tuned dgbe so the chord shapes are the same as a Uke but of course they are different chords. It is a resonator so it sounds a bit like a banjo.

I would recommend a Blueridge tenor guitar.

Tenor guitars can be tuned like a Baritone uke (DGBE) if you use the DGBE strings out of a regular guitar string set. :)

This is my intention.
I played a Gold Tone (a regular one, not an armor-plated one like Provines') at my local guitar shop today and it sounded pretty nice this way. The reviews for the Blueridge suggest it is even better.

This is my intention.
I played a Gold Tone (a regular one, not an armor-plated one like Provines') at my local guitar shop today and it sounded pretty nice this way. The reviews for the Blueridge suggest it is even better.

I did exactly this. I bought my Blueridge BR 40 tenor guitar in February from Jamie Boss at the Hot Strings Guitar Shop in Connecticut through its eBay store and I asked him to tune it DGBE for me. Jamie was great to deal with and did a nice setup. The guitar is wonderful -- well-crafted, comfortable, great volume and sustain -- and I like the sound of the steel strings. I'm very happy with it. Good luck in your search for one!

yeah, I can't play a baritone either:(

Yes you can. A baritone ukulele is tuned to a different key than a tenor or concert ukulele (G tuning instead of C), but the chord shapes are the same, just in a different key. For example, if you make a tenor ukulele Bb chord shape on a baritone ukulele, you are playintg an F chord, the tenor C chord shape ona baritone is a G chord, and so on. So you can pick up a baritone and play it as if it's a tenor ukulele and you will be making actual chords, just in a different key.

Last edited:
So, mds, you're saying you won't sell me yours? :)

If I do have to go the new instrument route Hot Strings will likely be the shop I use.

So, mds, you're saying you won't sell me yours? :)

If I do have to go the new instrument route Hot Strings will likely be the shop I use.

Ha ha ha! I love mine and I play it frequently. While I am loving my ukulele adventure, I was a frustrated guitarist when I was younger (meaning I owned a starter guitar that I could never learn to play) and being able to make a guitar sound is the fulfillment of an old dream. I just wanted to encourage you to pursue your interest in a tenor guitar tuned DGBE. Good luck!

While we're on the subject of Tenor guitars tuned like Baritone, I own an Ozark acoustic-electric tenor guitar tuned DGBE.
Love it to death, but to make DGBE work, I needed to get it set up (action, truss rod, etc).

Here's me playing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xs9fjtP7Ww

One of the best instruments I've purchased to date. Great sounding solid spruce top!
If may be able to find a good deal on one online!

Last edited:
Love that video, kissing! What is the name of the wind instrument you were playing?

I got the go-ahead from my ever-lovin' spouse and so I'm about to order one of these wonders. Jamie at Hot Strings will set them up however a person likes and I'm going Chicago tuning, but I have no idea what to tell him about action. All I know is that I intend to play a lot of finger style and that I don't want to have to develop Popeye-like forearms to barre chords.

Would someone kind and wise advise me?

Sent you a PM

Thank you!

I called Jamie at Hot Strings and had a lovely chat -- what a kind and knowledgeable guy. He's going to set me up right.
Now I just have to wait ten to twelve days for delivery. Any advice on how to manage that?

Top Bottom