Aldrine plays uke in the new film Hotel Transylvania!

Bob Bledsoe

Reaction score
This link was posted in another thread but that was before we found out it was Aldrine playing. I thought it warranted a new thread & subject line... Congrats Aldrine!!! I hope this got you a great licensing rep! I think you'd do really well licensing your music in Hollywood.
The movie looks hilarious. Can't wait to see it.

http://www.sonypictures.com/previews/movies/hoteltransylvania/clips/4940/

It's funny how the uke in general didn't generate much interest ... but, once people are finding out that UU's very own Aldrine did the uke playing for the tune in the movie, now people are responding. SAD.

Don't get me wrong ... Aldrine's da MAN! I wish good things to happen for Aldrine now and in the future, but c'mon - why hasn't the uke itself gotten the attention people???

Here's the link to my original Thread with very disappointing response. SHEESH. There were a bunch of hits to the Thread, but hardly any response at all. No SHAME people, NO SHAME. AUWE!!!

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?66863-A-Little-Uke-Publicity

It's funny how the uke in general didn't generate much interest ... but, once people are finding out that UU's very own Aldrine did the uke playing for the tune in the movie, now people are responding. SAD.

Don't get me wrong ... Aldrine's da MAN! I wish good things to happen for Aldrine now and in the future, but c'mon - why hasn't the uke itself gotten the attention people???

Here's the link to my original Thread with very disappointing response. SHEESH. There were a bunch of hits to the Thread, but hardly any response at all. No SHAME people, NO SHAME. AUWE!!!

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?66863-A-Little-Uke-Publicity

I am sorry that I disappointed you.

Actually, I think the number of hits suggests lots of interest in the general fact that an ukulele is appearing in the film. Not many comments? I think your original post in that thread says it all!

I am sorry that I disappointed you.

Ho, Bruddah Mandarb!

No need for apologies, but Mahalo anyway. I'm just disappointed because this is the UU and the best site for all things ukulele. There have been many Threads here with people saying what a difference the uke has made in their lives.

Even though it's an animated movie, the uke is being represented and I thought others would be excited about it. Would be nice to hear feedback on what people think instead of just looking and not commenting.

Ho, Bruddah Mandarb!

No need for apologies, but Mahalo anyway. I'm just disappointed because this is the UU and the best site for all things ukulele. There have been many Threads here with people saying what a difference the uke has made in their lives.

Even though it's an animated movie, the uke is being represented and I thought others would be excited about it. Would be nice to hear feedback on what people think instead of just looking and not commenting.

I just missed the thread but like many others I am always excited when I see a uke in a movie or TV show.

I'm actually quite sad it is not adam playing the ukulele, i knew he has some musical experience and i know he plays the uke once and a while..on the otherhand...i'm proud the ukulele has gotten some creditation and that aldrine could be a part of that

Ho, Bruddah Mandarb!

Maybe it's because it's not a Pixar film, and looks like all the jokes are in the trailer. Also, they've already done a monster film, Monsters Inc. And the uke is just an instrument. It's cool to see OUR favorite instrument actually played by someone like Aldrine, instead of some cheap uke picked up for the film... someone who actually plays... but in the rest of the music world, no one cares if they're instrument is played in a film.

I mean don't get me wrong, it is great to see the uke very well represented here, and it's a big change to how uke is usually used in film and tv scoring, but maybe no one replied because the movie looks meh.

i hope aldrine gets traction from this song. his cd from a couple years ago is underrated. it's awesome! i play it a lot. i'd get up and put it on now but i'm too lazy. i dont even capitalize after 10 pm but buy his cd from uu market like i did

I think that people are more interesting than inanimate objects.

Wow that's awesome. Good stuff Aldrine!

The ukulele was the best part of that movie... Though it made mucho $$$ and the sequel is already underway!

bob b, when you get that savagely funny comedy feature film in the can, maybe you can get some ukulele music in there the protag can carry an ak47 and a pono lol steve

awesome movie!

Does anybody got the Tabs for the song?

Top Bottom