Jake at Ravinia on Sunday

kvehe

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Is anyone else going to see Jake at Ravinia on Sunday 07/01/12?

I'll be wearing a bright green knit shirt and beige shorts (and probably shepherding around my little 90-year-old blonde mother).

Please say hi if you see me!

Kathryn

I'll be at Ravinia

I will be in the pavilion with wife and son. Middle isle a few rows back from center.I'll look for you.
Ed.

Hello K,
I wish I was going. I would look for you and especially the little 90 year old Blonde. Yipee kai yay.

Great!

Ed - see you there!

1931jim - yeah, she's pretty much fun. This is going to be a blast, and I will enjoy escaping from the St. Louis heat. (108 deg F for the next few days)

Is anyone else going to see Jake at Ravinia on Sunday 07/01/12?

First time in a decade I wished I still lived in the Chicago area. Spent many a summer night on the Ravinia lawn with a picnic dinner from Sunset Foods.

If you haven't been there it's the perfect sound system. Out on the lawn you can hear everything without it being loud. There are shuttles among the various Hig Park lots and the Chicago&Northwestern stations are convenient.

Jake is getting popular, lawn tickets are $21. The Chicago Symphony is $10, DuranDuran $38, Crosby Stills & Nash $33, but Glen Campbell didn't sell out.

Yep, I've been there, but not as often as you might think. I grew up in Highland Park, and we had our high school graduation ceremony in the pavilion. I've only been on the lawn once, when I was about 17. They must have been having a bad night, because the mosquitoes were horrendous. I never went back to the lawn after that, although I've never spoken to one person who ever had a problem with flying pests there (other than the three other people with me that night).

Kathryn

First time in a decade I wished I still lived in the Chicago area. Spent many a summer night on the Ravinia lawn with a picnic dinner from Sunset Foods.

If you haven't been there it's the perfect sound system. Out on the lawn you can hear everything without it being loud. There are shuttles among the various Hig Park lots and the Chicago&Northwestern stations are convenient.

:agree: Ravinia is a very cool venue - wish I could have been in Chicago for this...

Top Bottom