Cry Me A River

The Ukelites

Reaction score
Today we recorded "Cry Me a River” , a very popular American torch song, written by Arthur Hamilton and first published in 1953. It was originally written for Ella Fitzgerald to sing in the 1920s-set film, Pete Kelly's Blues (released 1955), but the song was dropped. The song's first release and most famous recording was by actress/singer Julie London in 1955. Many versions followed, interesting are for sure the versions of Ella Fitzgerald (1961), Joe Cocker (1970), Dinah Washington and many more...

This is our entry for the 19th season of the ukulele in the UkuleleUnderground!

This week’s theme is “RIVERS”! Watch out for this season in the FORUM/CONTESTS!

I'm in awe of how you sing whilst playing such an awkward chord sequence & make it sound so good -just GREAT!!!!

Hi Ukelites,
I loved this one sooo much! Great singing, playing, everything! I was gonna have a crack at that one but it was just too bloody hard for me...great job!

Hi Ukelites,
I loved this one sooo much! Great singing, playing, everything! I was gonna have a crack at that one but it was just too bloody hard for me...great job!

Thank you Dallas! Sometimes you have to wait for a song. Half a year ago, I couldn't handle this song too, now it took us three days practising. So keep the chord sheet and have another try in a few month! :D I can imagine an interesting version of that song with your voice...

I am kind of new here and just came across your YouTube videos. I totally dig you guys!!! Just love all your videos. You really get into each one in a fun way. AWESOME!!!

I am kind of new here and just came across your YouTube videos. I totally dig you guys!!! Just love all your videos. You really get into each one in a fun way. AWESOME!!!

Thanks, Mike! Hope you have a good time here in the UU! Maybe you'll like to take part in the contests! We're hostig the 20th season of the ukulele and we're really looking forward to that!:)

so smooth you guys...you sure you don't need a tour manager??? he he...Miriam that is such a stunning voice you have and some nice strumming, and Steffen, that was wonderful work on the bass mate...just unreal in every respect.

so smooth you guys...you sure you don't need a tour manager??? he he...Miriam that is such a stunning voice you have and some nice strumming, and Steffen, that was wonderful work on the bass mate...just unreal in every respect.

Thank you very much, Jon! What about you doing an European SUMMER tour to shorten the Tasmanian winter??? :eek:

That is just a fabulous rendering of the song.

Thanks Tootler! :)

I really love this song and that was a great rendition!
Many thanks for posting
Cheers
Gary

Very nicely done guys. You seem to be on a roll now! I always look forward to your performances, keep em coming.

Thank you very much, Leroy! :love:
Don't worry, they're comin'! But this week hosting the 20th season is priority, hehehe...

Top Bottom