PDA

View Full Version : new moore bettah ukes for sale!

Stevelele
06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
check his website. Will probably be gone by the time you read this!

uke42
06-28-2012, 10:35 AM
The first slotted tenor already sold. That is one beautiful uke.

Stevelele
06-28-2012, 10:43 AM
If I had any cash to spend, I would buy the milo and spruce one--I've never seen another like it and I'll bet it sounds amazing

uke42
06-28-2012, 11:03 AM
If I had any cash to spend, I would buy the milo and spruce one--I've never seen another like it and I'll bet it sounds amazing

That one is really nice too. Maybe better then that first one. Why does he have to make such beautiful ukes!;) So tempting! Must resist.

Hippie Dribble
06-28-2012, 11:10 AM
I just realised that even if I sold the ukes I own - I mean all of em - I still couldn't afford it... sad :(

haolejohn
06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I just realised that even if I sold the ukes I own - I mean all of em - I still couldn't afford it... sad :(

I came to that realization back when I owned three koalohas. Lol. Jon, one day brother. One day.

provines
06-28-2012, 11:42 AM
The temptation...... to sell one of my kidneys.....

uke42
06-28-2012, 11:57 AM
The temptation...... to sell one of my kidneys.....

Hey you only need one anyway :) I'm thinking that if I go for a year without food I may be able to put a down payment on one.

perep
06-28-2012, 12:14 PM
cannot see the website

Hippie Dribble
06-28-2012, 12:38 PM
cannot see the website
i think it melted down
:old:

Ronnie Aloha
06-28-2012, 12:47 PM
There was no price on that one.

costaricadave
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Chuck makes a Beautiful Ukulele! I just got my Custom slot head Tenor a month ago and I still can't stop looking at it! It plays and sounds so good! Well WORTH the $$$ and the Long wait! Grab one if you can!!!!

dkcrown
06-28-2012, 01:15 PM
i think it melted down
:old:

LMAO Jon. That was a good one.

sukie
06-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Looking at Chuck's site makes me drool. Everything he builds is stunning.

dkcrown
06-28-2012, 01:17 PM
There was no price on that one.

There was only one for sale Ronnie. The Milo/Spruce one sold a few months back. That's why there was no price on it.

That Zircote fretboard, headplate, and bridge is sure pretty, Chuck.

hawaii 50
06-28-2012, 01:35 PM
it was sold in 2 minutes..good luck next time.. lol

check his website. Will probably be gone by the time you read this!

SailQwest
06-28-2012, 01:55 PM
I lust after that spruce and milo. Exquisite!

haolebrownie
06-28-2012, 02:03 PM
I lust after that spruce and milo. Exquisite!

It sounds even better than it looks... which says a lot. Chuck's ukes are worth every penny. :o

Hippie Dribble
06-28-2012, 02:12 PM
It sounds even better than it looks... which says a lot. Chuck's ukes are worth every penny. :o

you bought it hb? Congratulations man
:cheers:

haolebrownie
06-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks Eugene. Yep. I'm lucky enough to say that's my ukulele. The details on the uke are amazing. The sound blows me away every time I play it. After meeting Chuck and spending the afternoon with him at his shop, I can't express how great of a guy he is (and how nice Bonnie is). I could blather on about this, but will spare everyone. Ha ha

Anyway, to whoever bought the tenor that was for sale today, congrats! I'm sure you'll love it.

Telperion
06-29-2012, 03:41 AM
I can't express how great of a guy he is (and how nice Bonnie is).

I can also vouch for this statement, haolebrownie. At the time you bought your Milo/Spruce, Chuck also listed a rope bound slotted koa tenor for sale. I missed out on the milo, but I was the one who bought Milo's brother (the pics of my uke were replaced on Chuck's site by this most recent slotted tenor, but you can see them a couple posts down in this thread - hope Chuck doesn't mind my using his photos!). Dealing with Chuck was great and I was so impressed with how personal he makes the experience. He and Bonnie are such nice people and really seem to have their hearts in the right place. Chuck's attention to detail is astounding and my uke is as near to flawless as I think it could be. The wood on mine isn't quite as fancy as this most recent one with the 5A koa, but it's still pretty sweet, and the rope binding compliments the wood perfectly. I feel so fortunate to own this instrument, and just like you said, the sound blows me away every time I pick it up. I have no idea how he does it, but Chuck really has figured out how to integrate massive amounts of Aloha into his builds. I live in New England, but every time I pull out my MB, I feel that I am holding a small piece of Hawaii, and it takes me right there.

Anyone want to buy my other ukes? I don't see myself playing them much anymore! ;)

Oh, and congrats to whoever purchased the 5A tenor yesterday! You'll love it like a child.

-Steve

Dan Uke
06-29-2012, 04:24 AM
Oh, and congrats to whoever purchased the 5A tenor yesterday! You'll love it like a child.

I don't think I'll ever love anthing as I do my children but then again, I've never owned a Chuck Moore Ukulele! :p

Telperion
06-29-2012, 06:18 AM
I don't think I'll ever love anthing as I do my children but then again, I've never owned a Chuck Moore Ukulele! :p

Agreed, my little girls are without rival for my affection. Just a figure of speech....

Then again, my Moore Bettah only sings and doesn't cry, it only needs proper humidification and doesn't need food, it doesn't make my house look like a tornado came through it, and it doesn't need diaper changes. So, really it's more like a sweet, beautiful child that you love to hold, but without all the work and foul odors. In fact, the Moore Bettah actually smells great too. I'm not sure if I just enjoy the smell of nitrocellulose laquer, or if the koa just smells great on its own. Either way, Chuck was kind enough to install this fantastic "nose hole" on the side of my uke. Works perfectly and now I don't have to worry about getting my nose stuck in the strings. Thanks, Chuck!

tattwo
06-29-2012, 06:27 AM
Agreed, my little girls are without rival for my affection. Just a figure of speech....

Then again, my Moore Bettah only sings and doesn't cry, it only needs proper humidification and doesn't need food, it doesn't make my house look like a tornado came through it, and it doesn't need diaper changes. So, really it's more like a sweet, beautiful child that you love to hold, but without all the work and foul odors. In fact, the MB actually smells great too. I'm not sure if I just enjoy the smell of nitrocellulose laquer, or if the koa just smells great on its own. Either way, Chuck was kind enough to build in this fantastic 'nose-hole' on the side of my uke! Works perfectly!

That is a beautiful ukulele :drool:

csibona
06-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Congratulations to the owner.

estreya
06-29-2012, 01:03 PM
~ blushes to be asking what may be a silly question ~

In what way does that hole in the side enhance the sound? Is it more decorative than useful?

SweetWaterBlue
06-29-2012, 02:34 PM
~ blushes to be asking what may be a silly question ~

In what way does that hole in the side enhance the sound? Is it more decorative than useful?

estreya - that upward facing sound hole directs some of the sound towards the player (as opposed to out in the audience). That way, you can hear yourself playing better.

estreya
06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Ah! Thank you, SweetWaterBlue. I'm not yet at the level of proficiency where hearing myself better would be a desired feature. :)

haolebrownie
06-29-2012, 05:21 PM
I can also vouch for this statement, haolebrownie. At the time you bought your Milo/Spruce, Chuck also listed a rope bound slotted koa tenor for sale. I missed out on the milo, but I was the one who bought Milo's brother (the pics of my uke were replaced on Chuck's site by this most recent slotted tenor, but you can see them a couple posts down in this thread - hope Chuck doesn't mind my using his photos!). Dealing with Chuck was great and I was so impressed with how personal he makes the experience. He and Bonnie are such nice people and really seem to have their hearts in the right place. Chuck's attention to detail is astounding and my uke is as near to flawless as I think it could be. The wood on mine isn't quite as fancy as this most recent one with the 5A koa, but it's still pretty sweet, and the rope binding compliments the wood perfectly. I feel so fortunate to own this instrument, and just like you said, the sound blows me away every time I pick it up. I have no idea how he does it, but Chuck really has figured out how to integrate massive amounts of Aloha into his builds. I live in New England, but every time I pull out my MB, I feel that I am holding a small piece of Hawaii, and it takes me right there.

Anyone want to buy my other ukes? I don't see myself playing them much anymore! ;)

-Steve

You got a sweet uke too (congrats by the way :)). Your uke was at the shop when I was there. It hadn't been posted for sale yet, so I got a chance to check it out. It played, looked, and sounded amazing. Costaricadave's ukulele was also there (I think). Very impressive as well (though that one stayed on the wall!). Hell, I've not seen a MB that I wasn't impressed with. Even Chuck's personal honu uke that he claims wasn't up to his specs. ;)

estreya - Yes, it definitely isn't decorative. I wasn't sold on it until I heard what I was missing without that side sound port. I love being able to hear more of the sound when I play.

Telperion
06-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Ah! Thank you, SweetWaterBlue. I'm not yet at the level of proficiency where hearing myself better would be a desired feature. :)

Just wanted to add one more thing here. All kidding aside, even though the side sound port is ideal for smelling your uke, I've really enjoyed the addional feedback I get as a player. In particular, I have noticed two major benefits that I don't think require any sort of playing proficiency to be realized. First, I'm not the greatest player myself, but hearing myself with better clarity has been helping me improve. I really do notice mistakes more, which means I focus on them more until I start to correct them. In that sense, it's great for player improvement. The second thing I enjoy about the side hole, is that I can play softer and still hear myself very well. This is key because I usually only get to play later at night and I have two small kids that I really don't want to wake.

So, I am not sure that the side hole really "enhances" the overall sound or drastically changes the resonance of the instrument, but it certainly enhances the experience for the player.