How to install the Aquila Red series strings

That's excellent, thanks! They really are stretchy but I must say, after playing a bit and getting it stretched out it's stabilizing quite a lot, only needed a minor tuning tweak this morning. I really dig the sound.

Cheers!

Molte grazie a nostro buon amico.

Thanks, Mimmo.

I love these strings, I mostly play low g.

Waiting patiently for the six and eight string versions.

Tenor 6 and 8 strings red series ?
Well, give me just beginning of next week. I am ready for those.
At present are available all the low G 4 th and all the 3rd red series but not for soprano. Banjouke 3rd is enclose .
In the movie of today how to install the red series you can see two plan white nylguts snd two red series.
Further additions will be the 5 string banjo 4 th.
I think enought.....
Mimmo

Hi,
may ask us how to install the Red Seies because they are very elastic.
I would like to show you how to install the Re4d Series striings in a easy & fast way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8zpZEL3TsM

enjoy! :)

Mimmo Italy

I can show you a way to do it in 1/4 the amount of time you took.

Buy a 2 dollar plastic string winder, every music shop has them, will save you soooooo much time and wrist twisting and the strings are wound on with a nice even tension, not on off on off pressure from winding stopping winding stopping, it means they settle on the peg sooner too.

Buy a 2 dollar plastic string winder, every music shop has them, will save you soooooo much time and wrist twisting and the strings are wound on with a nice even tension, not on off on off pressure from winding stopping winding stopping, it means they settle on the peg sooner too.

^^^
Absolutely agree.

It appears pre-stretching is recommended as well.
On my low g tenor, leaving no slack at all when I started winding I still had five or six wraps on the peg to get up to pitch.

Just a note for "first time" string winder users. The "standard" winders you purchase from a guitar store are typically a bit deeper than the shorter posts on a ukulele & if you aren't careful, you can scratch the side of the headstock with the hard plastic winder when you're winding. I'm always a bit amazed when I see videos of pros using drill-mounted winders!

But... agreed! They do make it a bit easier - I keep one w/my stringing supplies. Now, off to swap out "G" strings on two ukes!

I must say, after a bit of time/playing stretching and settling in I'm REALLY happy with this string. :)

Top Bottom