PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway - November 2-4, 2012

bassfiddlesteve
06-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Tickets for the third annual Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway will go on sale starting July 1st and are limited to 100 tickets, so don't hesitate in ordering yours as we expect this event to sell out quickly.

This year's artists include Jim & Liz Beloff, Greg Hawkes, Ralph Shaw, The Barnkickers, Big Jim Allen and Kahanu’ala. We will be featuring our usual combination of workshops, performances, vendors, jam sessions, raffle prizes and a poolside luau to wrap things up. Friday night is free and the tickets for Saturday and Sunday include a lunch buffet. Our host venue will be offering discounted rooms and as always a portion of our proceeds will be donated to the American Asperger's Association.

You can visit the event website (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/) to learn more and purchase your tickets once they become available.

- Steve

JT_Ukes
06-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Tickets for the third annual Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway will go on sale starting July 1st and are limited to 100 tickets, so don't hesitate in ordering yours as we expect this event to sell out quickly.

This year's artists include Jim & Liz Beloff, Greg Hawkes, Ralph Shaw, The Barnkickers, Big Jim Allen and Kahanu’ala. We will be featuring our usual combination of workshops, performances, vendors, jam sessions, raffle prizes and a poolside luau to wrap things up. Friday night is free and the tickets for Saturday and Sunday include a lunch buffet. Our host venue will be offering discounted rooms and as always a portion of our proceeds will be donated to the American Asperger's Association.

You can visit the event website (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/) to learn more and purchase your tickets once they become available.

- Steve

And I'm Gonna be there.

:)

Nickie
06-29-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm there!

bassfiddlesteve
06-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Tickets are on sale (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/tickets.html)!

- Steve

decaturcomp
07-02-2012, 05:08 PM
This is going to be legen-

decaturcomp
07-12-2012, 09:58 AM
dery

Who else from ATL is going?
What other UWCers?

This is going to be legen-

decaturcomp
07-13-2012, 08:38 AM
I noticed the nice folks at Mya-Moe had a festival list with not much showing for the East Coast so I asked them to add Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway and the were nice enough to comply:
http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/doSomethingUkulele.html

decaturcomp
07-29-2012, 04:02 AM
A note from Steve yesterday said that 80% or so of the tickets are gone and that the rooms at the hosting hotel are dwindling, too. If you're the least bit interested this might be a good day to check it out.

"You can visit the event website (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/) to learn more and purchase your tickets."

bassfiddlesteve
07-29-2012, 06:57 AM
A note from Steve yesterday said that 80% or so of the tickets are gone and that the rooms at the hosting hotel are dwindling, too. If you're the least bit interested this might be a good day to check it out.

"You can visit the event website (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/) to learn more and purchase your tickets."

Thanks Alan, and make that 90% :)

- Steve

bassfiddlesteve
07-31-2012, 05:47 PM
We just sold our last ticket!

- Steve

decaturcomp
08-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Woot!
See everybody in November!

We just sold our last ticket!

- Steve

000Kanaka000
09-30-2012, 04:34 AM
Unfortunately didn't find out about this until
after the tickets were gone. Is there anything
else going on in Florida? Will be back to Pompano
later today.

decaturcomp
10-01-2012, 04:18 AM
I know you're a good way from Tampa Bay but I think the Friday night is open to the public? There's something about that on the website or bassfiddlesteve could tell you for sure. It would be great to meet you. A few of us from Atlanta are coming down and Uncle Elvis will be there from Bermuda.

later today.

000Kanaka000
10-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Ah will see if i can check it out more -- Would definitely be nice to
meet up with some from the Forums here. Thank you for the heads
up on this and will delve into it some more.

JT_Ukes
10-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Ah will see if i can check it out more -- Would definitely be nice to
meet up with some from the Forums here. Thank you for the heads
up on this and will delve into it some more.

There will be lots going on, Jams and vendors, really only the Workshops, saturday night concert and Sunday luau are included in the ticket price.

If you wanna come out and hang/jam no one is going to keep you away.

JT :)

bassfiddlesteve
10-01-2012, 06:55 AM
later today.

Friday night is indeed free and open to the public. The schedule is up on the website and we will be selling raffle tickets too. You may be able to see some of the artists as they will be arriving before then.

I'd suggest joining some of the Florida based ukulele groups on meetup.com. I run the Tampa Bay Ukulele Society which has over 500 members and there are also active groups in Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Sarasota/Bradenton, Jacksonville and the Space Coast. I'd join them all so you can get updates on their events.

- Steve

000Kanaka000
10-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Wow Fabulous will peddle up for the event. Now the big question is just which Uke
is coming with me ? Hmmmmmmm. Time to start looking for hotel reservations.

Thank you am happy to see that it is more open than it appeared to be.

G

Friday night is indeed free and open to the public. The schedule is up on the website and we will be selling raffle tickets too. You may be able to see some of the artists as they will be arriving before then.

I'd suggest joining some of the Florida based ukulele groups on meetup.com. I run the Tampa Bay Ukulele Society which has over 500 members and there are also active groups in Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Sarasota/Bradenton, Jacksonville and the Space Coast. I'd join them all so you can get updates on their events.

- Steve

bassfiddlesteve
10-01-2012, 07:48 AM
There will be lots going on, Jams and vendors, really only the Workshops, saturday night concert and Sunday luau are included in the ticket price. If you wanna come out and hang/jam no one is going to keep you away.

I'll add that the vendor area will be open to the public all weekend. Not only will there be a great selection of ukes on display (including LoPrinzi, Luna, Moku and Ohana as well as a few new custom builders and a selection of vintage instruments) but there are typically some fun jam sessions that happen spotaneously in the vendor area.

- Steve

decaturcomp
10-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Hey, that's great news Ganga. See you there!!

Wow Fabulous will peddle up for the event. Now the big question is just which Uke
is coming with me ? Hmmmmmmm. Time to start looking for hotel reservations.

Thank you am happy to see that it is more open than it appeared to be.

G

decaturcomp
10-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Looking forward to this weekend. Several SEUKERS including the Uke Republic dynamic duo are coming and Uncle Elvis!

Uke Republic
10-29-2012, 09:02 AM
So looking forward to this event! I'll have a heap of ukes and stuff with me!

bassfiddlesteve
10-29-2012, 09:46 AM
I just got 200 copies of The Daily Ukulele Leap Year Edition (http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=302) to bring to the festival along several new Flea ukuleles with custom artwork. We have nine awesome ukuleles for the raffle too including instruments from Moku, Ohana, Kala, Luna and custom builders Augustino LoPrinzi and Sideways Eight Ukulele. We'll also have Skype lessons, cases, accessories CD's and books to give away too. This year should be a blast...and the weather is perfect too.

- Steve

JT_Ukes
10-31-2012, 09:26 AM
HEy UUers!

If you are goint to be here at TBUG be sure to say HI! and lets plan to get together for a Pic and maybe a video jam!

I'll have Steve make an announcment (or maybe I'll grab the Mic) on Saturday and well try to see how many UU memebers we can get together at once!

JT

Nickie
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
I'll be there. I'm bringing my camera too. I want lots of shots of ukers for FB!

mikemulqueen
11-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Wish I could be at the Tampa Bay Uke Fest ! :( -Our friends -Mike from Uke Republic has some of the new MOku Choice Series Ukes at his table -stop by and take a strum !!

000Kanaka000
11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
It's been good at the uke festival as i got to meet Uncle Elvis and Decaturcomp they are great people.
Always so nice to actually meet the people you see at the UU forum. One more day of festival to go.

Nickie
11-04-2012, 08:47 AM
This year's TBUG was the best ever! AND, I won one of the ukuleles in the raffle! Woohoo!

stephensmith
11-07-2012, 06:03 AM
I went to the 2010 TBUG. I have really wanted to get to another one. Maybe next year for sure.

Steve

Freeda
11-07-2012, 07:49 AM
This year was awesome. If you were waffling on whether to go, you should get your tickets early when 2013 rolls around. So worth it, and a great value for the money.