Kalei Gamiao "Apologize" OneRepublic Cover

My favorite ukulele player. There's something so flowing and groovy and modern about KG. His 2008 CD is the bee's knees! And, I pray he's in the studio now for his new release. This guy grooves like George Benson on that four-stringer. Thanks for linking this video.

I see others agree.

Ho, Bruddah Steve!

It's a shame ... I guess there aren't very many Kalei Gamiao fans. Bruddah Kalei is one of my favorite players as well cause he's got a very unique crazy fast picking/strumming style that I can't even come close to figuring out how the heck he does it ... no matter how hard I try!!!

Have a great weekend, Brah!

It's a shame ... I guess there aren't very many Kalei Gamiao fans.

There just aren't as many instrumental fans as you'd think. I'll just leave it at that.

Kalei is definitely one of my favorites at the moment as well. He's doing some cool stuff.

.... now, back into my corner....

Ho, Bruddah Steve!

It's a shame ... I guess there aren't very many Kalei Gamiao fans. Bruddah Kalei is one of my favorite players as well cause he's got a very unique crazy fast picking/strumming style that I can't even come close to figuring out how the heck he does it ... no matter how hard I try!!!

Have a great weekend, Brah!

You got it, Brah. Hang loose. Shaka.

There just aren't as many instrumental fans as you'd think. I'll just leave it at that.

Kalei is definitely one of my favorites at the moment as well. He's doing some cool stuff.

.... now, back into my corner....

RyRod, if you don't have it yet, download his 2008 Cd (the only one he has out) that has Kiss From A Rose and Flow and the entire thing is groovy and retro and fluid and great. Best $8.99 you have ever spent. Seriously, would value your opinion of it since you are a strong player, yourself.

Of all the uke CDs I have -- everyone from Kimo Hussey to, yes, even Jake--I have listened to Kalei's 2008 disc more than any. It's superb.

Mahalo.

RyRod, if you don't have it yet, download his 2008 Cd (the only one he has out) that has Kiss From A Rose and Flow and the entire thing is groovy and retro and fluid and great. Best $8.99 you have ever spent. Seriously, would value your opinion of it since you are a strong player, yourself.

first off... thanks! :eek:

second...got it from iTunes this morning and listened to it on my bike ride. Definitely a good album. I like the ukulele/flute combo in a couple of the songs. He's just a great player.

I agree, he is an incredible player. I really hope he's able to break out like Jake has. He's got a a really unique style of both playing and arranging. It's probably difficult to have more than one instrumental ukulele breakout star though... But I'm always impressed by what this guy can do.

Top Bottom