Ghost Hunting... picture

Poi Dog

Reaction score
Aloha All,

Seeing how it's Halloween - I thought I'd ask how many of you have been on a "Ghost Hunt"?

I've been on a few. More debunking than evidence as far as my investigations have shown. However my good friend Camile in Alabama (who I went to High School with in Hawaii and have gone Ghost Hunting with in the past) - took an interesting picture the other night while investigating at a Cemetery in Gurney, Alabama.

Here's the first picture that she took (Nikon D40, w/Nikkor 18-55 & SB600 Speedlight)
gurley1sm.jpg

Click HERE to see a larger image.

NOTE: NO ONE was smoking and there was no car or exhaust source for the "smoke". It appeared literally within seconds of the first shot and disappeared just as quickly.
gurley2sm.jpg

Grayscale of second shot, for clarification.
gurley2smgrayscale.jpg

Of course there is no definite PROOF that this is a "ghost", but it's pretty interesting nonetheless! LOL

Got some ghost stories or pics? Post em up!! We'd love to see em!

BTW - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Last edited:
the smoke kinda looks like a face, like a profile. creepy!

I've been on a ghost hunt once but that ended in me being banned from UH for a year. lol I did have a ghost in my apartment though, and that wasn't very fun.

i wanna see a ghost to believe in ghosts.. i kinda do believe in them, theres this tunnel around here called picton tunnels... and apparently the little girl that got hit by a train years ago is still in there... like 6 years now or something...

people r full on about it aswell, friday saturday nights people go down to check the girl out. but its pitch black and normally nobody walks through because its to scarey, IMO i wouldn't walk through because i cant stand being in a dark tunnel and cant see light either way...

but now, people go down with like 5 people, car full of people... so about 20 people will wait down there, roll u and steal ur car. so its kinda deserted now

but i always wondered... Can ghosts actually touch you?? because i get the impression that ghosts can touch u and u cant touch them.. which is bs haha

In the days before digital cameras, me and my sister got to go to Europe for a school thing. After we got back to the states we developed all of our film, and my sister discovered this picture among her photos of Paris. This could have been taken in the hotel, but I have a feeling that it may have been taken in or near the Notre Dame cathedral. She completely disregarded the picture, but the second i set eyes on it, I thought it looked just like a priest, with his head bowed and his hands folded in prayer.

maybe I'm crazy. But let me know what you think.

priestghostsmaller.jpg

Last edited:
...I thought it looked just like a priest, with his head bowed and his hands folded in prayer.

maybe I'm crazy. But let me know what you think.

Kinda looks like a big skull, like Castle Grey Skull or even the outline of an angel.

Interesting pic Kat - too bad it's so blurry!

Here's a couple I took from our last Ghost Hunt - something in the window?
l_fe65f3b30377b55750721fbffe51a9cd.jpg

Close up... is that a face? (Probably not! LOL)
l_60ae5230f3f2f8cf538eac5f72208c48.jpg

Happy Ghost Hunting!

l_e6cfbb0d40cae9f94713dc9be5aa7c58.jpg

not a ghost story per se, but funny nonetheless.

my friend was dropping me off one night, we were on the pali when his tailbed cover for his truck folded over and covered the back window. (it folds in 3) well he drove to the gate of the pali lookout so we could flip it over and strap it down, and this 5'10 guy bolts out of the car to strap it down. he always plays the macho thing, so it was funny to see him move like that. he was scared as sheeet

ive seen so many different stories about ghost hunting that I think it would be completely ignorant to say that it is impossible.

i just dont really know.

I know God works in mysterious ways, but as far as "ghosts" are concerned, i am open minded.

And I thought I was one of the weirder ones here.
My wife is Thai,all Thai people believe in ghosts and it seems that Thailand has loads of them.After the Tsunami in Phuket,the foreign tourists started coming back to the area after a few months,but the Thais stay away because of all the ghosts there now.

And I thought I was one of the weirder ones here.
My wife is Thai,all Thai people believe in ghosts and it seems that Thailand has loads of them.After the Tsunami in Phuket,the foreign tourists started coming back to the area after a few months,but the Thais stay away because of all the ghosts there now.

Ooohh... that sounds like an awesome place for a future ghost hunt trip! :cool:

I used to ghosthunt with a buddy. We had an inside look of a video with paranormal activity from the basement of a campus building. It looks great; but after investigating the people involved, the actual scene, the items in the video, and the video itself, I deemed it a hoax. I never got to witness any real activity.

I was a chaperone for a field trip that lasted several days for one of my teenagers. The trip was to Gettysburg PA. Most of the trip was fairly dry historical stuff, but on one night we went on a ghost tour that ended up at the Jennie Wade House. She was the only civilian killed during that battle and I believe the house is considered to be one of the most haunted in the US.

By the time we got to the house, the tour guide had already told many stories. He also told the kids that they might experience areas where they would feel a sudden temperature change. He also said that there was one room upstairs that had a safety chain that would swing back and forth on it's own. The chain was on the second floor of what is really a very small house and with 20 kids and 5 adults all moving around that floor, the movenent did not seem all that strange to me. As you can imagine, with 20 eighth graders feeding off of each others imagination, the kids were all having a spooky good time.

The tour guide also suggested that if we wanted a ghost picture we should take pictures of the mirrors in the house at a 45 degree angle so as not to just shoot a self portrait. I figured what the heck so I did that with all the mirrors in the house. All of those shots except one just showed a reflection of the room they were in. This is the one that showed something else.

100_0668-1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom