Tiki Top Kamaka Anyone?

lancemanion

Reaction score
Staying with a friend in Hawaii. Went to her parents for dinner and was instantly drawn to this Tiki Top Kamaka. Her mom got it new as a present for her tenth birthday. I tuned it and played it all evening. Her mom then told me, "Take it with you and keep it for a while, nobody ever plays it." What an amazing uke and even more amazing people. I ended up putting it safely back where I found it, but hope to be invited back to play it again.

Tiki 1.jpgTiki 2.jpg

You should have taken her up on her offer. She obviously thinks it should be played and enjoyed and not sitting in a closet somewhere. Maybe even offer to buy it for a reasonable price if you really like it. Or ask if you could borrow it whenever you make it over to Hawaii, sort of a travel loaner.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words mm stan. I believe in Karma and I have a feeling I will get another chance to play that amazing uke.

What time?

Well, if you're still here, come by The Willows on Wed to check out Ramon and a certain tiple and ukulele, unless it fireworks and the crowds instead. . .

I know, totally self serving, but Ramon can really play.

Aaron

Im still here. What time is Ramon playing?

Thanks for your story. What a great experience---cool of you to decline that generous offer. Hope the remainder of your trip is excellent as well.

Top Bottom