For sale by auction...

This is interesting. I don't think I've seen a Gibson soprano before. Baritiones yes, but a soprano.....

I think it's a tenor. They look like this model and also by counting the amount of frets.

hmm... proactive auction house! How annoying - I won't be bothering bidding on that now...!

Could someone with a keener eye then I tell me more about the instrument and anyone know if they do postage?

I think they actually made a lot fewer baritones than soprano. I have had soprano , tenor, and I have a baritone. they are all well made instruments, I should have kept the tenor now that it my favorite size.

I just can't wait until Sams Club , Western Auto , Costco , Sears , JC Penny and Walmart start advertising on these forums . Geez . THE SPAM !

Yes shipping costs, custom fees, US currency rates, and auction headaches....wonder if it is all worth it... but at front, it sounds good...remember it is an auction too...geez

Yes shipping costs, custom fees, US currency rates, and auction headaches....wonder if it is all worth it... but at front, it sounds good...remember it is an auction too...geez

Pppppffffffffttttttt ! You got that right !

States it's 24 5/8" long.....wouldn't that make it a concert? 12 frets to the body.

I just can't wait until Sams Club , Western Auto , Costco , Sears , JC Penny and Walmart start advertising on these forums . Geez . THE SPAM !

Couldn't agree more UKEON. Just because it's a separate auction house, you don't have to follow the rules of the Marketplace? Too many of these "Johnny come lately's" around here recently. While some may appreciate the "heads up", I really don't think that is what the UU Marketplace is all about. In my mind, it is for UU members to buy, sell, and trade ukuleles. I also think it is great that some of the fantastic luthiers that are CONTRIBUTING members here use the Marketplace to sell their ukuleles, or notify fellow members of ebay auctions for their ukes. They add so much to this Forum with their insights and information. But this trend of signing up, logging in, listing a uke for sale, and then saying sayonara is unsettling. Along with the bogus "review" threads that have appeared in "uke talk" recently, I say enough is enough.

Couldn't agree more UKEON. Just because it's a separate auction house, you don't have to follow the rules of the Marketplace? Too many of these "Johnny come lately's" around here recently. While some may appreciate the "heads up", I really don't think that is what the UU Marketplace is all about. In my mind, it is for UU members to buy, sell, and trade ukuleles. I also think it is great that some of the fantastic luthiers that are CONTRIBUTING members here use the Marketplace to sell their ukuleles, or notify fellow members of ebay auctions for their ukes. They add so much to this Forum with their insights and information. But this trend of signing up, logging in, listing a uke for sale, and then saying sayonara is unsettling. Along with the bogus "review" threads that have appeared in "uke talk" recently, I say enough is enough.

Well said Dana. Couldn't agree more.

I agree with you Dana.

Last edited:
Aloha Dana,
Your comments are well validated, total misuse of the marketplace. Well said and good on you Bruddah for speaking out. And that subject you mentioned about new members with different adgendas is also so true......WTF?
As far as Spam, myself as well as most Locals love Spam, especially Musubi,hehe...........................BO.....................

Sounds like it's time to institute a minimum post count to post in the marketplace....even a small hurdle like 10 posts would stop a lot of this.

Post-mortem edit: Thinking back, I typically frown on thread-jacking like this, or thread-crapping on any seller's thread. Matters like this should probably be handled separately through PM, suggestion board, or mods. On other forums where I buy/sell somewhat frequently, there are strictly-enforced rules about this type of off-topic commenting on a sales thread. But those are usually filled with hotter tempers.

Cheers to the buyer.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's time to institute a minimum post count to post in the marketplace....even a small hurdle like 10 posts would stop a lot of this.

Agreed! Tough to weed out the scammers if they only post once but if they have a history, at least you can see what they have been up to. Good call experimentjon!

How about splitting the marketplace in two?

The first section can be for trades, swaps etc between members.

The second section can be for commercial transactions. Luthiers selling their products, auction houses advertising their auctions, members selling CDs or downloads etc.

To my mind we would get the best of both worlds. I really like the idea of getting a heads up, such as the one that started this thread, as any new source of ukes is to be welcomed. Also once they are brought into the UU fold then they will most likely be traded on the UU "internal" marketplace which benefits everyone. Then the people who don't like the commercial trades and prefer the more community based approach of the UU marketplace can live in that section.

Another question is should postings be limited to ukes and uke related items? I am thinking that a mic or PA can be considered uke related but not if you are selling a guitar or mandolin. There are plenty of other places for those sorts of sales.

Top Bottom