Don't Eat The Blue Seaweed - clawhammer original

23skidoo

Reaction score
This is something I've been fooling around with for awhile..... started out as 'Hot Cross Buns', based on Aaron Keim's clawhammer tutorial videos and kind of grew from there..... A little rough around the edges, this is a quick take to test out a new recording set up and to try out my new Kamoa uke (thanks Mike at Uke Republic!).....

Enjoy!

many thanks, rudechuck..... I've played several Kamoa ukes now and they're all incredibly sweet for the price - a great value. I've still got my eye on a Mainland, but this was my first 'new' uke since I started out with my Kala laminate last year.....

wow Bill, that's some setup you got going there. Amazing sound and wonderful playing. That clawhammer is coming along brilliantly mate, sounds totally awesome and that's a stunning uke. Looking forward to seeing what's next up your sleeve brother...

wow Bill, that's some setup you got going there. Amazing sound and wonderful playing. That clawhammer is coming along brilliantly mate, sounds totally awesome and that's a stunning uke. Looking forward to seeing what's next up your sleeve brother...

Thanks, Jon, I've really been working on the clawhammer.... I've gotta couple of friends who actually know something about sound and recording giving me advice and loaning me bits of gear..... and I finally made the trip across town to Mike's new Uke Republic store and got to play a little bit of everything and I can't believe the sound and playability of these E3 Kamoas - all solid wood and a beautiful finish to boot.....

That sounds sweet indeed, Mr. Skidoo. My little girl just abandoned her cartoons to come over and listen when I started your vid. THAT is a true vote of confidence.

Excellent, pootsie - one of the best compliments ever! .....into the ears of babes..... thanks!

Nice to meet you at UWC, by the way.....

Nice to meet you & yourn as well. Sorry I had to leave, but I'll plan better next year.

Oh man... That was great. Really one of the more interesting originals I've heard in a long time. Love the title - is there a story behind it?

I recently saw Steve Martin with the Steep Canyon Rangers (interesting show). The best stuff was Steve's claw hammer originals. I especially liked one called The Great Remeber - check it out one you get a chance.

Thanks Lexxy & Josh..... and I definitely dig Steve Martin's banjo playing. That is a great tune.....

The title is just sort of a goof on that Frank Zappa tune 'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow' - Apostrophe is one of my top 5 'trapped on a desert island' records....

Top Bottom