nUUb challenge #5

pootsie

Reaction score
I have an idea for nUUb challenge number five, but I want to give another member a chance to put one forward if they haven't yet.

So I started this thread to get the discussion under way. Someone had better post an challenge for us.

Don't make me go all control-freak on you again.:mad:

I wish I'd kept up with this better... I've been very busy, but working on that fingerpicking book. I'm liking fingerpicking, but I wish I could read the music as easily as the tabs!

I don't have any suggestions, though, sorry!

Sorry I haven't been participating in these challenges folks, my job status suffered a hiccup last month, so the Uke' has taken a backseat for a few weeks. Don;t worry though, I'll work up a head of steam and come back shredding!

Well, since no one has put up an idea for challenge #5, here is my proposal:

Put your best foot forward. Play for us the tune that you feel the most comfortable with. Not the fanciest or coolest or hardest. Just the one that you KNOW you can play and can play so well you finish and think "Hey, I did ok!"

I want to hear that.

Post away!

Somehow I missed the new thread for challenge 5 until I saw this today! I didn't see postings in the "new posts"! I don't do videos, that's just a challenge too far for the time being, time-wise and tech-wise, but I like to keep up and do the uke challenge, even so.... I'll check out those 20th season vids soon as I can..... thanks for keeping this going, Pootsie!

I reckon the instrumental challenge is still keeping folks busy... ?

Nice job Pootsie and Wolfch on the Seasons contest!!!!!!!

I'm still here. Just super busy. I'm doing well if I can pick up my uke for 5 minutes here and there.

Well, as it seems most of the nUUb crew has had life get in between them and their uke this week, let's just continue on with this challenge for now and maybe we'll see some entries dribble in.

I hope y'all find time for some strummin'

Put your best foot forward!

I wasn't able to participate in the beginning and now I'm trying to catch up.

Feels like some of these challenges take a lot longer than a week to make progress (at least, for me!).

Hey nUUbs! Let's here some more chatter out there!

Is anyone working on something to share? My exercise this week is trying to pick a little but I am not doing well :(

Is anyone working on something to share? My exercise this week is trying to pick a little but I am not doing well :(
I'm working on it - as the idea is to play something we're comfortable with, I'm feeling guilty at not conttributing with a vid, so .... I've bought a webcam with built -in mic. (Haven't have time to install it yet, been battling other computer gremlins.) So I just MIGHT do my little party-piece..... :)

Thrown a nasty wound low G on that I had lying around, and working on the instrumental version of Over the Rainbow. There are a couple of tricky chord changes that I wouldn't have thought twice about 10 years ago. Proving to be a bit of a b**tard currently.

It looks like I'm doomed to record a cover from Alvin and the Chipmunks... I just installed a new OS and my webcam is recording at high speed (or actually low speed, you know what I mean)...

I worked at the pet store today - which mean lots of pactice time for me.

I have made myself a little uke song book, and had that with me. But I forgot my chord chart. So some of the songs I couldn't play, because I couldn't remember how to do some of the chords.

But I did get about 2 hours of practice time in. Playing simple little songs, playing what chords I could of the other songs.

Need to get lots of playing in in the next 2 months - I'm attending Dock Street Uke Camp in Sept ... YIKES

emergency chord charts

... But I forgot my chord chart. So some of the songs I couldn't play, because I couldn't remember how to do some of the chords....
There are a few apps that you can use in an emergency. Ukulele Fretboard, and UChord for android are both very good.

Top Bottom