Che'lu boys/Stateside Islanders

Uke_Windu

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just letting everyone know that lives in the San Diego area, this group plays at Seau's restuarant in the sushi bar part on every wednesday...They are good and its a good time to go and hang out and listen to some skilled uke players...they usually start around 630-7 and go until 1030-11...i have gone the last two weeks and had lots of fun...every1 should check it out:nana:

Hello all,

Just letting everyone know that lives in the San Diego area, this group plays at Seau's restuarant in the sushi bar part on every wednesday...They are good and its a good time to go and hang out and listen to some skilled uke players...they usually start around 630-7 and go until 1030-11...i have gone the last two weeks and had lots of fun...every1 should check it out:nana:
did they change their name?

anyway, anyone in the sd area should check these guys out.

tim cruz (cruzer75 here on UU) is a phenomenal ukulele player. he has jammed with us a couple of times. an overall great guy. cant say nothing bad about him.

bruddah mark also plays with them. and many of us know how awesome mark is on the ukulele. and some of us even know how awesome of a person he is.

honestly, i would be there at every show possible. but i teach guitar on wednesday so i just cant. but everybody else, if youre free, you should go! ive heard these guys play before and theyre great!

and...

SUPPORT LIVE LOCAL MUSIC!

Mahaloz for the support brahs.

Yah we changed the name from Che'lu boyz to
Stateside Islander Crew aka: S I C
It was decided after our performance at PIFA. Each of us playing in the band represents different islands and are of diverse ethnicity.

It's been getting crazy packed every week so get there early. I will be back in Kona next week so I won't be playing until the following wednesday Nov. 12th. But come out and support anyway. The Crew will be pleased.

Here is the poster they have set-up in Seau's for our band. Thanks to Josh at Island Tat Clothing for the Clothes, background art and Charley Harley Photography for pics from PIFA 2008.

And No brah, we are not a gang from southeast sd.

sic-rawmana-36x24poster2.jpg

but you tell me? Haha!

i will be there again next week for sure and so will a couple other ppl from UU...hope to see lots of the fellow UU's there

Isn't stateside islanders the name of a gang in southeast sd???
Just curious...

By the way - Yes, KIND OF...I knew some people from that gang, and from what I know, they kind of disbanded because they all turned into potheads and crackheads - there's still a few

BUT ON THE TOPIC THAT MATTERS

I need to persuade some family members to go there so we could eat. For as long as I've been in SD, I've NEVER EVER ate there and I go to Mission Valley mall alot. So I don't know why I don't. Anyone know of any other SD groups that perform occasionally?

Anyone know of any other SD groups that perform occasionally?

dude, almost islanders (me, bugoy, dafamcallsmebj, sdpinoy) and tribal theory (tribaltheory1).

there's also DaMAC, who plays island style music along with old school R&B and funk.

brandon cruz (ibcruzn) is like a one-man band.

and check out quintinn holi (google him to find out who this guy is and where he's been) also. at yokoz every friday and saturday night (we were just filling in for him while he was on cruise last month).

Top Bottom