And i was only going to buy some strings...........

bodhran

Reaction score
Went into Cranes in Cardiff today ostensibly to buy some strings. Somehow I came out of the store with a Hudson concert ukulele!!!!!!!

Very nice it is to....... I will write a review when i have played it for a few weeks.

I know that feeling.
That's how I got my Wasburn hollow body Bass. I just popped in to get a shaker..

been there too, i somehow made a plectrum purchase turn into an eleuke one day,

Went to buy a set for my classical guitar. A guy was checking out the lap dulcimers. I said I live a few blocks away and I have two of them if you don't see anything that suits you. Anyhooo he bought one of mine, I never did get the guitar strings. Now I have money burning a hole in my pocket. Whoopee.

I will try to post dome pics later. It is just a basic Hudson concert here is a link http://www.cranesmusicstore.com/hudsonhu10cconcertoukulele-p-3243.html

It all started with me toying with the ukuleles they had on display (as you do) and one just kind of 'clicked' with me......

When I got home my wife asked if I had managed to get the strings I wanted. I told her 'Sure did but they were attached to a ukulele so......' - the look on her face was quite something....

Last edited:
Congrats on the new Uke! Happy Uke Day, I'd love to "pop our for some strings", but the nearest shop is a bit far and so I'll have to "pop into eBay for some strings" instead! LOL!

Looking forward to some pictures :D

Congrats - enjoy

When I got home my wife asked if I had managed to get the strings I wanted. I told her 'Sure did but they were attached to a ukulele so......' - the look on her face was quite something....

Bwahahahahahahaha!

After spending most of the morning playing it the Hudson ukulele has really 'clicked' with me. The concert size suites me a lot better than the soprano - I find the fingering so much easier.

The Hudson is a 'basic' model and I adjusted my expectations accordingly. It is very plain looking but is not ugly by any means. Having said that it plays nicely and sounds just fine to my inexperienced ears. Intonation is not perfect but it is ok and there are no nasty buzzes or anything untoward.

All in all I really like this ukulele. The dolphin is a good, cheap soprano starter ukulele but the larger size of the Hudson concert makes it much easier to play and it has a bright tone that I really like.

well, c'mon then, pics, video, review..... :)

Top Bottom