Next Generation Luthier?

rickmorgan2003

Reaction score
My 13 y/o daughter has really wanted to contribute in the building of her uke. She took on the final assembly this week as well as putting together the selector switch and potentiometer wiring. Turns out she does better solder work than me:) I believe we have a future luthier here!

Attachments

• IMAG0765.jpg
    IMAG0765.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMAG0763.jpg
    IMAG0763.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG0760.jpg
    IMAG0760.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0771.jpg
    IMAG0771.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 63
I'm glad she is in the shop. Loss of the manual arts is a sore point for me, BUT:

Picture 3 has me Screaming. Loose hair, no eye or breathing protective gear etc. around a buffing wheel.

I'm not going to go off on a rant so please just think about her getting her face wound into a buffer at speed.

"Turns out she does better solder work than me"

Tiny nimble fingers. That's why they use them in sweat shops in China.

All kidding aside that's great she's involved. Maybe you can have a shop helper? Good bonding time and teaching her a really great craft. I'll agree with Gyozu though, she looks like a lovely young lady and I'd hate it if she got hurt. Get her some eye wear and get her to tie up that hair. A buffer could really hurt her. I've known a few knife and sword makers who've had steel thrown across the shop by a buffing wheel.

Top Bottom