Just completed the Hat Trick for uke damage ...

Doc_J

Reaction score
Just got my first damaged uke from Fed Ex this morning. :(

Top Cracked  .jpg

On the bright side I just completed the hat trick for uke damage !
(as previously I had damaged ukes via UPS and USPS ).

Oh well, such is life.

As usual it resulted from inadequate packaging/protection. In this case a small tight-fitting triangular cardboard box and ONE sheet of bubble wrap around a bare uke. (What was the shipper thinking?).

Bummer Doc J. Good question about the packing job. Was it an individual or a retailer?

What does the rest of the uke look like?

What does the rest of the uke look like?

Chris, the rest of the is fine, even the box is fine. My guess is there was pressure on the bridge through something heavier on the box top. I've had that happen before on another uke sent to me.

Dana, the seller is taking good care of the problem, sending a replacement uke of the exact same model. I was told damage in this particular style of box, has not happened before. I must just be lucky ...or is that unlucky.:)

Oh no! Good to hear the seller is making it right. Hopefully they will take extra care in packing the replacement uke.

That really sucks, but glad you're being taken care of!

When shopping for an ukulele seller, never underestimate the value of a seller willing to provide adequate packaging. Sorry to hear that your uke was damaged, but I'm glad the seller is taking care of it.

The good news is that they are replacing it without argument.
Still frustrating to have to wait for a replacement though eh?
cheers
Gary

The good news is that they are replacing it without argument.
Still frustrating to have to wait for a replacement though eh?
cheers
Gary

Fortunately, the replacement uke should arrive Monday, using a faster delivery than the original. FedEx will collect the damaged one tomorrow. The customer service has been amazingly great addressing this problem. I do hope the new one is packed with more protection than the broken one.

knock on wood. Nothin has yet happened in any of my shipments.

Fortunately, the replacement uke should arrive Monday, using a faster delivery than the original. FedEx will collect the damaged one tomorrow. The customer service has been amazingly great addressing this problem. I do hope the new one is packed with more protection than the broken one.

Hope it arrives safely. I look forward to some pics of an undamaged uke.

Sorry to hear the bad news...You know I had one and it was insured, and they asked me how the box looked....I told them if You initially glanced at the box, it looked well, but at
close inspection, you will see small cracks in the cardboard corner...after that, I got reimbursed....Good Luck

Good to have a sense of humor about these things (your OP)!

Hope it arrives safely. I look forward to some pics of an undamaged uke.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. A new one arrived safely this morning, in a larger box, with heavier cardboard, and lots of bubble wrap. :) It was a good customer service experience in the end.

Oh, and the uke sounds great, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom