Anyone heard of Leho ukulele?

Whats with the 8 hole tie bridge on the tenor...I have been seeing this more and more on chinese import ukes and personally do not like that system but thats just me. I know they are doing it so tying is easier and requires only one knot but it often makes changing one string out difficult

Whats with the 8 hole tie bridge on the tenor...I have been seeing this more and more on chinese import ukes and personally do not like that system but thats just me. I know they are doing it so tying is easier and requires only one knot but it often makes changing one string out difficult

I know Kala has changed to that. very weird fo sho

I have it on my classical guitar. 12 holes. What I like the best about this design is that you can have a sharper break angle from the saddle. Some of the best guitar makers in the world are using this system. It kind of looks funny:)

Let me guess this is same with Lagg ukuleles.

Is that in US dollars? Looks like some fancied up Kala/Lanikai clones. Lots of new Chinese ukes out there with lots of new names no one has heard of. They don't look bad.

Yes, one looks exactly like a Lagg I've seen a couple of times. A very distinctive look, too. Same headstock (different name, of course), same unusual rosette.

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iprO2dDxqE

Not too bad, in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Leho

http://www.lehoukulele.com/

I came cross this brand very often in www.taobao.com which is the ebay of China. Anyone have any experience with their uke? Thank you.

I tried one out at a local music store in the south of Taiwan today, a store that mostly carries Lanikai ukes. The one I tried was a rounded back, thinline, flamed maple, pickup uke. It was sweet. Had incredible projection unplugged, wonderful tone, low action with good sound all the way up the fretboard, felt solid, and was pretty. I wish I could afford the $400 USD they were asking. ($ 12,000 Taiwan dollars.)

The rosewood ones looks amazing - nice of them to state that it's laminated, too. I've had a few issues buying ukes that said they were solid when it was plain obvious they weren't.

I like the photos on their new website. They look beautiful. I hope someone near a dealership will go take a look and advise us.

not sure where your located but if your in hawaii a local music store has couple Leho ukuleles. i played the tenor mahaogony with turtoise binding one. sounded good for just $120 on sale.

They are made in China. I think these guys just want to make some ukes similar to KALAs. Maybe their factories also make KALAs. LOL

I tried one of the spalted maple at the a local music store - seemed to have great projection (is it the rounded back), looked neat and was about $400 including pickup, overall not bad value for money. My main issue was it had a narrower neck (felt somewhat like a Kala) and I prefer a wider neck.

I tried one of the rosewood ones today while at Elderly (on business, I swear!). Was very impressed with the projection and tone; had a nice warm fundamental to it. Played really well too. Only thing I didn't like is that it had a finished neck, and that glossy stuff usually gets sticky for me. Nothing a little 0000 steel wool and some wax can't remedy though.

In China it states itself a brand from USA. But from the posts here seems few people know it. I guess the truth is it pretends to be a well known brand from the world to get some benifits. The interesting thing is from the website http://www.lehoukulele.com/ I cannot found any place talking about 'from USA'. Anyway, Leho has a ready market here and the comments are quite positive. - This is the report from China.

Leho Ukulele

http://www.lehoukulele.com/

I came cross this brand very often in www.taobao.com which is the ebay of China. Anyone have any experience with their uke? Thank you.

I purchased my Leho LHT-SMF-CE-TB from Dan at Jacks Music Newcastle. It is a thin body ( travel) tenor, with spruce stop , Splate Maple bode and rosewood neck. it has an arched back. A beautiful ukulele, great intonation. Sound great through an amp. My cosin has a vintage Martin and the sound is equal to the Martin. It has Premoum Aquilla strings. I have a Lanakai 8 string tenor, Kala Solid Acacia with ORCAS black flouro strings, a Kala KA-SMHCE-C, cutaway concert with pick-up and aquilla premium strings and a Majic Fluke Fire Fly Banjo uke. My favourite is the Leho tenor and then the Kala Soprano KA-ASAC-C. I prefer the ORCAS strings they are a bit softer then the Aquilla, and give a truer Hawaiian sound.

Since the thread got restarted, I might aswell talk about my leho too!

Anyway, I bought the solid mango top tenor and it sounds magnificent. Definitely has a drastically different tone and body size as compared to my Lanikai monkeypod with Ko'olau golds. The stock aquilas that came with my leho sound excellent on this certain ukulele but the tension is a tad high so I'm going to swap it to Ko'olau alohis once it arrives (which should be within 2-3 days!). The intonation of the A string on my Leho is slightly off but I'm hoping it's just due to the strings.

I wouldn't be able to choose between my lanikai monkeypod and this leho mango in terms of which is better. Right now, I feel that both are truly excellent instruments.

Regisrants from Taiwan,but the registered trademark in th US.

Top Bottom