George Formby's "Our Sergeant Major" - JOHNNY FOODSTAMP

Nice stuff! You got me fired up to try some Formby strums again. I tried last year and gave up rather quickly.

BTW, I saw the article about you in Grease Monkey magazine that I picked up while in Nashville last month.

Bill

I love your Formby intepretations, because you prove we can do Formby songs without doing Formby impressions. George is such a unique personality, it's so tempting to reproduce his delivery when doing his songs. You've found a way to honor George's style without losing your unique voice. Nice job!

HA! Yeah, I almost gave up too.. :p It seems like you have to sound awful at it for about 2 months and then all of a sudden it just clicks. I did a tutorial a few months back. Just some basics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My1ewf5qVXc

That was a pretty nice article too if I remember right. Didn't realize it was even in print. I thought it was just online. I'll have to see if I can get a copy! Thanks for watching Bill.

RichM, thanks so much for such a nice compliment! To be honest, sometimes I wish I could sound more like George but I gave up a long time ago. I was never a natural singer or picker. I just have to do what works for me. So far so good. :) Thanks again!

Top Bottom