Willie Wixom Tenor Uke Build Progress Photos!

justinlcecil

Reaction score
I thought I would post some of the progress photos for my Willie Wixom Tenor uke that is nearing completion. Only a custom bridge and gloss finish remain. I can't wait!

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 77
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 60
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 70
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 83
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 71
Major kewl!

Congrats and Welcome to the Wixom club....I have the same slotted headstock...it looks Awesome..

Cool. I'm also a Wixom owner (although I bought mine off the website, already built). Mine has the same cool slotted headstock. I'm sure you're going to love yours. Thanks for posting!

She isn't going to have too many frills. Luckily my interest in a simple clean uke translates well to my college student budget. :cool: Its AAAA Curly Koa. Slotted headstock of course, radius fretboard, no bindings, no fret markers on top of the fretboard, abalone side dot marks, custom ebony fretboard, ebony headstock veneer, and a pinned bridge I drew up to match the end of the fretboard nearest the soundhole. I am debating on having some sort of fret marker in abalone placed on the 12th fret but haven't been able to come up with anything.

If I had gone with a rosette I thing I would have chosen either herringbone or rope. I like the vintage vibe I get from those.

Nice wood, unfinished though. I just wait for mine to be started next year, ha ha ha.

I love the gorgeous simplicity of this instrument.

Boy another thread of WW progress pics. Very nice. Willie is a busy man these days.

If your considering a waw uke get on his build schedule for April of next year before I order a concert uke from him =)

That is one beautiful uke. I live near Bryan Englands Custom Inlay (custominlay.com) and I am having some water buffalo horn bridge pins made tomorrow with abalone dots. That is the newest update to my uke.

Aloha justin,
It's looking beautiful. Can't wait till it's done. Nice to work with Willie and design ideas and HE makes it come to life.
Love my B&D Special and I'm on his list for a Concert next April. Have lots of ideas on the spec's, kinda like my Tenor, but different.
Welcome to Willie's Warriors................................BO.............................

I absolutely loved your bridge design BO and if that sound hole had been on the other side of the fretboard it would have reminded me of a mcpherson guitar...which are stunning by the way. I appreciate all the kind words from you folks. It's only a matter of time before I get to experience my WAW uke.

Top Bottom