when "in stock" Mainland Ukuleles again??

patico

Reaction score
a friend of mine likes my Mainland Tenor,
so we'd like to ask if someone knows when they are going to have more ukes

Thanx a lot

I called the other day to find out about availability of mango concert gloss finish, and was told about two months. :)

This stock situation seems to be a common occurrence at Mainland (I could be wrong though. I'm basing it on my frequent visits to the site). If Mike's the businessman I hope he is, I'd be surprised if wasn't looking at alternatives to run alongside the usual Ukes.

Actually Mike is at the whim of the factory that does the wood work on his Ukes. They make top notch Ukes for the price, but it's common that he'll order 500 and then only get 300 and get them a month late. He already has numerous orders in the pipeline, so it's hard to know what's coming when.

As Kenikas said, they're worth the wait.

Likely also has to do with shipping. Islanders and Ponos were in pretty short supply until a month or two ago when both received containers. I'm sure it takes a lot of ukes to fill a container. Don't know whether Mainland fills a container but I'm sure they want to consolidate as many as possible to get the shipping cost as low as possible per unit.

a friend of mine likes my Mainland Tenor,
so we'd like to ask if someone knows when they are going to have more ukes

Thanx a lot

The tenors are great, but your friend should try a Mahogany concert before the decision is finalized. I have both, but the concert is my favorite.

I think late June into July is probably the time you are least likely to find a particular Mainland in stock because UWC happens the first weekend in June and a significant number of us attending make the pilgrimage to the shop and come out with at least one new uke...sometimes more than once during the week...

He seemed pretty well stocked when I went in Tuesday morning this year so I picked up my mahogany soprano and then made sure I didn't go back the rest of the week to be tempted further... :)

John

Top Bottom