Finally Finished my Tenor Bending Form

its a quick build and I will just build other forms exactly like this one as I prepped out a bunch of the standard pieces when I did this one. Will be super fast. I wasn't aware that this is an Everett design? I always thought this was a take on a Fox Bender? Is there a website link for Everett?

LMII catalogue lists this design as the Everett tho I am sure that in this regard, no-one wons the name since I built one like it having seen it at a hawaaian website... Anyway, all the best. i have a love/hate relationship with my bender still prefering to do it by hand...

I use a similar design. The advantage for me in using the all-thread instead of springs for the cauls is the ability to exert an enormous amount of pressure when bending which I believe is critical in achieving smooth bends. I use knobs instead of wingnuts.

Chuck thanks for the idea of Jig knobs. I'm going to try clamps and the jig knobs on the next one.

I'm doing it the same way. I have about 15 of these in various shapes and sizes. I would not do it this way again. If I had it to do over I would make one or two slick bases, maybe even of steel that would hold the pivoting all thread arms and cauls and make shaped forms separately.

I always thought "Jig Knob" was a medical complaint caused by folk dancing without underwear in corduroy trousers.

You live and learn.

Top Bottom