FS: Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple

Paul December

Reaction score
Like new, barely played!
I'm the 1st owner and originally was unhappy with this (Non-Blem) uke when I got it because of its mediocre setup and a couple dull sounding strings. I had a local luthier lower the action, dress the frets better, and replace the strings that came on it (two sounded dead).
Now it not only looks great, it feels great, and sounds great.
Problem is, the luthier took so long with it I've gotten something else to replace it during the wait :eek:

Price: $169 + Actual Shipping
PM or Email: pauldecember@gmail.com

ml2.jpg

ml3.jpg

ml1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, this is a beauty, at a great price. I really really want this, but I must stay strong. I miss my Mainland cedar soprano a lot, but am currently off the market.

Aarrrgghhh.

I'm the 1st owner and originally was unhappy with this (Non-Blem) uke when I got it because of its mediocre setup and a couple dull sounding strings. I had a local luthier lower the action, dress the frets better, and replace the strings that came on it (two sounded dead).
Let me ask you this, since a lot of people here rave about how Mainland sets things up right with Aquilas (which looks like what you have on it now), exactly what was it about the setup that made you unhappy with it? You didn't like the frets, the action or the strings?

Let me ask you this, since a lot of people here rave about how Mainland sets things up right with Aquilas (which looks like what you have on it now), exactly what was it about the setup that made you unhappy with it? You didn't like the frets, the action or the strings?

This is my 2nd Mainland and both came set-up with a very high action. To be fair, I only requested a lower action the 1st time (didn't bother the 2nd time because the 1st one came high anyway). Also the fret edges were very sharp. Finally, 2 of the strings sounded dead, but that was rectified with a fresh set-O-strings. Interestingly, I got a Kala tenor recently with Aquila strings and it too had a dead string on it. Aquila strings may be dropping in QC :(

Paul, can you edit the listing to show that the uke is sold, and/or lock the thread?

Top Bottom