Southcoast Ukulele String Review - Soft Light Medium Tension (B, C, C#, D Tunings)

RyRod

Reaction score
Another long winded video of me not knowing what I'm talking about. I should just play the thing and you'll figure it out.

http://youtu.be/RfT2M-EN8lM

I love these Southcoasts tuned to D on tenor: as you say, that tuning seems to bring out a strong vibrancy.

Incidentally, for those interested, the linear tuning set from Southcoast is also great in D and really balances out the low bass string.

don't be so hard on yourself, thanks for the video and the commentary!

Thanks, Patrick. I don't mean to be hard on myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't have that technical vocabulary that some people do.

I love these Southcoasts tuned to D on tenor: as you say, that tuning seems to bring out a strong vibrancy.

Incidentally, for those interested, the linear tuning set from Southcoast is also great in D and really balances out the low bass string.

There's just something about that formula that makes them work in D. It's too bad I don't know more songs in that tuning.

What were you playing at 05:50?

That would be "Haru Yo Koi" by Jake Shimabukuro. I think it's a theme from a Japanese show or movie.

On your recommendation I got 3 sets all different, but I haven't got round to putting them on as I couldn't decide which ones to try first. After watching your vid, I think I'll try the medium softs. I see you've got ' Unknown' of to pat, nice playing! By the way the Uke I'm putting them on is a Kanile'a KT1.

Top Bottom