Look what swam my way

Steedy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
After a boring Monday at the office, I arrived home to find a bundle of excitement on my door step:

HPIM0828.jpg

HPIM0830.jpg

HPIM0832.jpg

HPIM0833.jpg

A new Green Dolphin, with a custom setup by Mike at Uke Republic. This may be the best Dolphin yet! (insert smiley here)

I had a boring day at the office...no bundle at the end of it either. Congratulations on yours, though. :)

Cool, congrats! They are a lot of fun to have around. I wish the local music store had had a green one when I purchased mine. Green is my favorite color.

I've got a green one too, I also was amazed at how good a little instrument a well set up dolphin actually is :)

Congrats on the new Dolphin Stephen, ..looks like a bundle of fun and green is my favorite color...wow 6 bucks and change for postage, living surrounded by water...that is unheard here...
Happy Strummings...

Thanks for all the kind words. It's only a Dolphin, but Mike's note was right on: It IS a good one!

I tuned up and played it this evening, and I love it! The Aquila strings give it a sweet balanced voice, with a nice mid-range bark. Mike set it up perfectly for me. The action is low and easy, yet it plays cleanly without a hint of fret buzz. Intonation isn't exactly perfect, but it's pretty darn good for this price point.

Happy strumming indeed!

Aloha and mahalos! :)

Congrats!!! I keep meaning to get me a purple dolphin at some point, it's just not happened yet! Enjoy!

Green dolphins are so much fun! I have one in my office, since I'm a pharmacist and green is the official color of pharmacy.

Kathryn

I wish my office day would end like that as well......

But anyway, your Dolphin is definitely lacking some green strings (Aurora - basically dyed Aquilas)

Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to having the same experience as you any day now! I have my green dolphin on order. (Green to match my Green Fiddle). Mine won't be as well set up though. It's coming from Thomann - who are bulk sellers.

It'll be my first steps into the Soprano world (if you don't count a really badly produced Chinese "Lark" Soprano I had, bought in the 70s, that put me off Ukuleles for years :(

Congratulations! There must be something in the air or it's migration season or something - an orange one splashed onto my porch this morning. Bought a set of Aquila's for it but think I'll leave the blacks on for a while. They look awful good on orange and you never know, might like them!

Almost went for green too. Greens sure are good looking.

I bet an orange Dolphin and a green Dolphin would look real pretty together.

Got pics of your new Orange? :)

Last edited:
I bet an orange Dolphin and a green Dolphin would look real pretty together.

Got pics of your new Orange? :)

They probably would but I need to reel myself in - have really gone overboard lately.

Here's a photo (if I can figure out how to post). It's far, far more orange than the picture indicates. It's probably the most orange thing I've ever laid eyes on. Seriously. I hope your green is as green (and I bet it is).

halloween.jpg

Did you ask Mike to do anything special with it or did he just do his regular Uke Republic set up?

My son's green Makala Dolphin is often my go to ukulele at home. Usually just sitting on a blanket next to the sofa, it's always there. Dependable. And, yes, sounds better than it has any right to!

Top Bottom