Kamoa Evolve Custom 700

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
With the Kamoa E3s hitting the market, I just had to show off my Kamoa Custom 700 Evolve. It is a real sweetheart, plays like butter, purrs like a kitten, and roars like a lion...!!! I am sure the E3s are every bit as nice, just not quite as fancy as the Custom 700.

EVOLVE700 003.jpgEVOLVE700 002.jpgEVOLVE700 001.jpg

How are these different from the E3's aside from the much nicer grade of wood and what looks to be better pick-ups?

How are these different from the E3's aside from the much nicer grade of wood and what looks to be better pick-ups?

They are hollow body not a semi-hollow.

To the OP - beautiful uke....enjoy!

Mine is a prototype Custom 700. I believe the new 700s, when they hit the market, will have a stop bridge/saddle arrangement similar to the ones that are on the E3s. The pickups on my 700 are Seymour Duncan rail humbuckers. I do not know what pickups the E3s have on them. I am sure they sound great. Kamoa has introduced a very nice line of steel string electrics. I love the Gibson ES335 look, a real classic. One more thing, the electronics on both the E3s and 700s are high grade, top quality. No cheesy stuff from Kamoa.

How do they define the difference between semi-hollow and hollow ? It's still going to have a solid block running down the centre.

How do they define the difference between semi-hollow and hollow ? It's still going to have a solid block running down the centre.

A true hollow body electric archtop doesn't have a block running through it. Pickups are attached directly to the body. The Gibson ES335 was introduced in 1958 and it was the first "semi-hollow" body electric guitar made. The block, which ran through the body, eliminated feedback problems inherent in archtop electrics when cranked too high.

Very nice. What the nut width? There seems to be very little fretboard taper.

Mike

I can't wait to get my hands on mine. I've been waiting since they came out. A '65 Fender Super Reverb stares me in the face every day and I don't have anything to play through it!

I can't wait to get my hands on mine. I've been waiting since they came out. A '65 Fender Super Reverb stares me in the face every day and I don't have anything to play through it!

You're going to be one happy camper playing this baby through a Fender Super Reverb...I envy you...!!!

Last edited:
gee Tim, it's stunning mate. I'm with doc...let's get you a video up...pronto!!!! :)

Top Bottom