Other passions that may not be compatible with the uke.

koa

Reaction score
Bayview Township, Bayfield County, WI USA
Today while in a highspeed deep toeside carve, idiot here decided to pull a hand drag. Silky new snow on top of hardpac. Jammed the left hand index finger & thumb on a chunk of crud hidden by the snow. I'm an idiot because I'm in 5th decade of life (should know better by now) and have done this before. Before uke there was windsurfing & snowboarding. Both I really enjoy. Not going to stop enjoying. Both have caused injuries that have or may cause a problem in playing the 'ukulele. Life. Take what happens & make the best.:D

Today while in a highspeed deep toeside carve, idiot here decided to pull a hand drag. Silky new snow on top of hardpac. Jammed the left hand index finger & thumb on a chunk of crud hidden by the snow. I'm an idiot because I'm in 5th decade of life (should know better by now) and have done this before. Before uke there was windsurfing & snowboarding. Both I really enjoy. Not going to stop enjoying. Both have caused injuries that have or may cause a problem in playing the 'ukulele. Life. Take what happens & make the best.:D

sorry to hear that, hope ur finger gets better. I got a story didnt really interfere with my ukulele playing cuz at the time i wasnt playing. But i use to longboard down hills. One halloween morning my buddy and I decided to carve some hills, there was a really nice controlled one near his house, had a blast going down it. Then me and my ignorant self was like man i'm bored lets take a bigger hill. So we went on a larger hill and it shouldn't even be considered a hill it was like i cant explain it, but the road like dipped down real sharply, and there was 4 or 5 consecutive hills. Did a push off with my board, jumped on it, and started going down. i made it down the 2nd hill where my board started to shake hella fast and i jumped off and started rolling like crazy got a bruised ligament on my knee. Crutches on for a month and like 2.5 months i had the craziest lookin limp. it was bad. I'm thanking God that nothing else happened cuz i wasnt even wearing a helmet.

Ukulele-Junkie, finger/thumb is healing fast. Playing today!! Just sore & stiff. No pain. Local shop carries the Arbor line of snowboards and longboards. The longboards are tempting. But I'm getting too old and would probably end up wrapped around a tree. Plus I'm done with experiencing road rash on a regular basis.

Top Bottom