KoAloha Tenor with K & K twinspot pickup

jgeary

Reaction score
KoAloha UU .jpgView attachment 40088I'm reluctantly selling my KoAloha tenor. I LOVE the tone of this 'ukulele. I'm the original owner (I've had it about a year or so) and I've found that, with the left-hand injury I have, it's too difficult/painful for me to keep playing the flat fingerboard. So I'm selling this tenor to finance the purchase of a custom instrument with a radius.

Solid Koa. Standard 17" scale. Worth strings. Bowtie bridge. Gloss finish. K & K Twinspot passive pickup. Uke Crazy black "weave" case. This ukulele is virtually like new. I'm very "picky" about taking good care of my instruments :) Asking $850 + shipping. 48 Hour approval.

Additional photos available.

Thanks for looking.
Jill
San Diego

Last edited:
You put worth clear(EA) and worth brown(GC) strings together? good luck with the sale. Great price for a mint condition koaloha tenor (that increase the price in the last month, as MGM said in uketalk forum) with K&K pickup and case.

Just out of curiosity, what is the injury?

I just had basal joint surgery on my left thumb and my surgeon expects me to be able to play without pain after recovery is complete.

http://www.eatonhand.com/hw/hw003.htm

Scooter

Hi guys,
Yes, I did put the Worth browns with the clears. My hope was that the browns might be a littler easier on my hand as I had heard they are a little "softer." IMHO they are a little softer (for lack of a better word) but I didn't like the feel or tone as well so I just didn't put them on the rest of the 'ukulele. I still have the remaining browns in the package (as well as the remaining clears) :)
Regarding the hand injury, most of this is arthritis-related. I exacerbated the pain in the left thumb joint (kind of where it attaches to the wrist - don't know what it's called) when I was over-zealously playing the cello. And I've been in physical therapy ever since.
What I've found is that having a radiused fingerboard, especially for chords (and jazz chords) is really helpful for me. Cali Rose and her husband Craig Brandau gave me their Koolaus to play (with radiused fingerboards) and it just felt more comfortable. Not that my pain will ever go away, but every little bit helps!
Jill

Top Bottom