Uke & Tuba: Ever Fallen in Love? (Buzzcocks Cover)

Hey, I met you guys in Chicago!

I want to steal your tuba player

Hey, we had a blast in Chicago! I stashed an Intonation pin in my case, and somehow it ended up inside my uke (but I got it out safely).

Our tuba player is available for collaboration, but not wholesale theft. He gets some pretty regular work playing on other bands' records, since there are a shortage of tubas around.

Hey, we had a blast in Chicago! I stashed an Intonation pin in my case, and somehow it ended up inside my uke (but I got it out safely).

Our tuba player is available for collaboration, but not wholesale theft. He gets some pretty regular work playing on other bands' records, since there are a shortage of tubas around.

The tuba player lives in Chicago?

I saw the Buzzcocks live in Sheffield about 33 years ago. This was almost* like being there again.

* If the current definition of "almost" has changed to "nothing at all". Brilliant job though lads, nice to see someone doing some classic punk on the Uke. How about some Siouxsie and the Banshees ?

The dancers were AWOL that day. Well, one was on vacation, and the other has moved to Scotland, so she doesn't do as much dancing with us anymore.

I would have loved to see the Buzzcocks in their prime... Hopefully we captured a tiny bit of that energy there.

I'll have to get back to you about the Siouxsie song... We'll try to find one that's a good fit.

I would have loved to see the Buzzcocks in their prime... Hopefully we captured a tiny bit of that energy there.

An awesome band in their day. I had the very great pleasure to see these, The Stranglers, Clash, 999, Siouxsie, The Slits, The Only Ones etc etc. Despite being a Metal Head, Punk was a breath of fresh air, and Sheffield was one of the places to be in those days. We had a Dingwalls for a while, I saw Bo Diddley one week followed by Eurythmics on their first tour the next. Awesome diversity of music.

Ooh, big Eurythmics fan over here. Our tuba player's a bit of a metal head.

We don't get too many great bands coming through Pittsburgh these days, so to make up for it, we have a bunch of local folks making a racket. Somehow, people keep letting us play shows with them, so we can't complain.

Top Bottom