After 2 months as uke beginner, got another funny uke

Sonic

Reaction score
A mahogany soprano with funny moon and stars sound hole, and turtles sculpture:drool:
It costs HKD$500(about US$ 64)

This is not an excellent mahogany sound uke, but the design of this series is good for me as 2nd uke.

I found the 'unglossed' neck is better holding for chord changing as my 1st uke is a high glossed one.

DSCN3224.jpg

DSCN3223.jpg

DSCN3224.JPG

DSCN3223.JPG

Last edited:
That looks really nice. I just bought some ukes from the Chinese ebay equivalent. One of them was so super cute and so cheap about 30 usd I had to get that watermelon one! But now that I have it I realize it is of such poor quality. It's cute to have but it sounds like a little toy ukulele. Great for those songs that need to be slightly off tuned.

T2BHX6XipbXXXXXXXX_!!133229270.jpg

It looks just like the Kala one except it basically has a watermelon sticker on it and painted green.

Very cute! Congrats on the new uke, and I hope you have lots of fun with it.

That looks really nice. I just bought some ukes from the Chinese ebay equivalent. One of them was so super cute and so cheap about 30 usd I had to get that watermelon one! But now that I have it I realize it is of such poor quality. It's cute to have but it sounds like a little toy ukulele. Great for those songs that need to be slightly off tuned.

It looks just like the Kala one except it basically has a watermelon sticker on it and painted green.
In Hong Kong, I found them in a shop and their painting quality and sound didn't met the KALA's series standard.
But they are really cheap in price :p

Here is one that will make anyone smile even if you don't while playing it..smile.jpg

I have the watermelon one too, with a different label inside! Also a (somewhat sloppy) knockoff of the Kala. It is a wallhanger, basically.

That moon & stars uke is too cute! I love the honus too. Hope it's a good-playing uke.

Top Bottom