My interpretation of "Close To You"

smellofstrings

Reaction score

So many masters out there have presented their great solo covers on this wonderful song and I would like to join the party. Do you like my personal touches? Could you give me some comments? I seek advice to refine my arrangement! Thank you very much! :p

That was pretty cool--you're very smooth. Not sure I get the thing you did at the end where you were brushing the uke, but maybe it sounds different in person. Also, I miss seeing the x-men in the background!

So many masters out there have presented their great solo covers on this wonderful song and I would like to join the party. Do you like my personal touches? Could you give me some comments? I seek advice to refine my arrangement! Thank you very much! :p

Thanks for your comment! It's interesting! All of my friends from Taiwan get the idea of the brushing -- the sound of a shaker. But some of my local Hong Kong friends have the same question as you do! They don't understand what I'm doing and think that it's a strange act! :rofl:

Hey William, what strings are you using on that Collings? The sound is fantastic and so is your playing mate.

One more thing, I've adjusted the EQ in GarageBand, mainly added presence to thin sound and increased a bit of the high-mid to treble range.

I found purchasing the Worth BM strings cheaper ordering them through Hawaii Music Supply in Hawaii (even with the shipping - but it takes maybe 2-3 weeks to arrive) than to get them from the ukehk store in TST Hong Kong although if you pay to attend their uke classes, I think they provide a bit of a discount for members.

I've subbed to your account and looking forward to more original arrangements of classics. Most people (including myself) tend to play other peoples version and covers so it's a breath of fresh air to listen to your arrangements and song choices.

EDIT: I also didn't get the rubbing to be a shaker although after you updated it with the caption, it does sound like it.

Last edited:
I found purchasing the Worth BM strings cheaper ordering them through Hawaii Music Supply in Hawaii (even with the shipping - but it takes maybe 2-3 weeks to arrive) than to get them from the ukehk store in TST Hong Kong although if you pay to attend their uke classes, I think they provide a bit of a discount for members.

I've subbed to your account and looking forward to more original arrangements of classics. Most people (including myself) tend to play other peoples version and covers so it's a breath of fresh air to listen to your arrangements and song choices.

EDIT: I also didn't get the rubbing to be a shaker although after you updated it with the caption, it does sound like it.

Hi fuey,

Thanks for your comments and I'm glad to meet a HK uker! Could you add my Facebook? Just search "William Sung" and I think you can identify my profile pic!

Wow, what a cool arrangement. Great playing too. Favourited!

Regards
Wilfried

Beautiful. You play great. And I liked the shaker at the end. I can't critique it for you with suggestions. I am too much of an amateur myself, it looked and sounded perfect to me.

i think the sound caused by friction at the end of this song is a very original idea.

Sweet!

Most excellent! Great arrangement, wonderful style and played with a lot of heart. Thank you for sharing this!

Your YouTube offerings are outstanding! If you ever get a chance to see Michael Buble in concert, do it.
Cheers!

Top Bottom