are samick guitars generally good?

davoomac

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
i got a samick guitar 'greg bennett design' OM-5CE at a pawnshop a while back.
It was $160 and came with a gator hardcase. Does anyone have any general opinions on this brand of guitar?

# Solid Sitka spruce top
# Striped, wine red mahogany back and sides
# 5 ply cream binding
# Grover™ tuners
# Orchestra cutaway
# Acoustic/electric with EQT-2010 4 band active EQ with build-in tuner

om-5ce.jpg

Last edited:
i really dont know anything about the brand but for 160 the guitar looks good and even a hardshell case thats a hell ofa deal

I'm guessing that the 5CE model I got is pretty much the same as the 8CE model that they are raving about :D I think I got a really good deal on this one...

It's kinda sad though because I sold this electric guitar (pic) with its gigbag for $160. Then i was able to get the 5CE with gator hardcase for 160. Though it was pretty sweet having that black electric guitar I must admit..
p22327H-175363a86fda3b76165c9897ccb07cc9.jpg

Last edited:
Oops. I read "Greg Bennett" and didn't see that it was an 8 and not a 5.

It looks like yours is the OM-5 with Cutaway and Electronics. Still sounds like a good deal. Electronics will usually at about $80 to the price of a guitar. Not sure what the "Greg Bennett" signature adds.

thanks for all this input, chiyodad. That last review was really helpful. Next thing I need to get is an amp.

I'm not a very good guitarist, but I'm really happy with this guitar. It plays and looks great in my opinion. Its certainly the nicest guitar I've ever had though. I need to hit up the pawnshops more often :D

hmmmm that looks good n nice price, i went to the shop earlier just to look around used acoustic electric guitar cuz i might get one later n most of the stuff they have are 300+ above

worth a try.

Top Bottom