Praise for Fremont blackline strings!

Bao

Reaction score
I've been getting bored of the Daddario strings on my Lanikai Monkey pod ukulele so I decided to change it up. Before I changed it, it was the pro arte hard tension strings which Jake used. I did love the sound and it sounded quite a bit like Jake's ukulele sound but within half a year or so, I just lost my interest in the sound.

Just yesterday, my order for a set of fremont blackline tenor strings came in and once they settled in, wow, the difference was amazing !
I absolutely love these strings and I would recommend that anyone with my specific model ukulele try them out aswell. They sound louder, resonate for longer and have a brighter tone as compared to the daddarios. Not to mention, the fremont strings now make it sound like a ukulele again (it sounded a bit more guitar like when I had the classical guitar strings on).

glad you're happy with em Bao!

You raise a great point too...in that, when you are looking for a new sound from your ukulele...instead of simply buying a whole new uke, just play around with some different string sets...the differences in sound will be enormous and it's like having a new instrument each time, as the different sets always bring out some different tonal qualities in the instrument. Cheers mate!

Heard that Monkeypod on HMS demo where they changed to Ko'olau Alohi low g's in the middle of the demo. Improvement over factory strings was HUGE!!!!!!
Maybe one day you should give them a try. I love them on my Pono manogany concert.

I agree, those Ko'olaus are some GREAT sounding strings on my ukulele. Unfortunately, I have taken them off because I now own a second ukulele specific for low G tuning.

Hello Bao,
In your first post you wrote......
"I've been getting bored of the Daddario strings on my Lanikai Monkey pod ukulele so I decided to change it up. Before I changed it, it was the pro arte hard tension strings which Jake used."
I myself do not use "hard tension" and after quite a few experiments I now use medium on my classical. On my tenor ukes I also like the Fremont low G sets.
Cheers

The Blackline Low-G strings were the only strings that made my Lanikai Spalted Mango Tenor sound good. Tried about 4 other brands and it sounded dead. Also like the unwound low g.

When I switched from the stock strings to Fremont Blacklines on my KoAloha ukes, it made a big difference. I know many probably prefer Worth strings on KoAloha ukes but the Fremonts sound good to me!

Hi Bao. I've been trying various strings on my concert monkey pod and keep coming back to the Fremonts. I just like the feel and sound.

Happy strummin

Top Bottom