Jake Played at the Waikiki Aquarium tonite..

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last edited:
Aloha Stan! Glad you got to go to the concert. I missed it!! I flew back to Oahu this afternoon and was on the strip too but thought the concert was the 13th. Damn, missed out. I'm kicking myself right now. Double damn, my nephew is gonna be disappointed as heck when I tell him in the morning. :(

Aloha Bruddah Stan,
Happy that you DID go. Mahalo BIGTIME Uncle Rod........................

Glad you enjoyed it. That was very nice of Uncle Rod.

Whea da pikchas? Or mo bettah, video . . . . Nah! glad you and Ahnko Rod wen enjoy da show.

Aloha Kanaka,
They said no peekchas, but I was there and everyone had cameras and da flashes was going off..
Many were using their cell phones to take peekchas but I don't have email on mine...shoots sorry

Sounds like a great evening! I'm glad you were able to see Jake. I wonder if videos taken by audience members with their cell phones will start popping up on YouTube.

OK, let me set the record straight. The tickets were a gift from Jaunty Wainani, who teaches Free ukulele lessons at the Royal Hawaiian Center on Tues and Thurs from 10 to 11 AM. Lucky I decided to attend!

Of course I iimmediately thought of Stan ... since I had 2 tickets and my wife is still in Seattle caring for our daughter as she completes the chemo portion of her treatment
for non Hodgkin's lymphoma. They plan on getting to HNL on Aug 8, when I return to Seattle!

Anyway, Stan and I had hibachi steak plate from Copeland before looking for parking for the event. We overpaid at the meter since there was no indication that parking would be free after 6P. Oh well, more support for the City and County of Honolulu.

The event was bring your own seat/lawn chair. Stan was in his wheel chair, but I was without a seat. I ended up watching the show from the back where I could sit on some rocks! It was great, just like Stan reported.

Next event ... 42nd Annual Ukulele Festival on the 22nd!

See you there.

keep uke'in',

So happy you got to go Stan! Sounds like you had a great time.
I hope I get to meet both you and Uncle Rod at the festival, I will be there, and I will be playing with the Strummers group.
See you on the 22nd...

sorry for the typo.

tickets com Aunty Wainani.

steak plate from Foodland. :)

written from Denny's in Waikiki on the day after the night before.

Yes Yes Uncle Rod is right, My appoligies go to Auntie Wainani as she offered her personal tickets to us..and she
should have gotten credit for our fabulous nite..Mahalo Plenty Auntie Wainani..of course Uncle Rod too fo shua..
My sincerest appolgies Please pardon me for my failure and mistake....Had a great time and I appriciate it to
you both, thank you for making it an most awesome and memorable nite..

Top Bottom