anger.

nikolo727

Reaction score
I dont know if this topic has been put on here before but.......this grinds my gears.

i like the wii. it is a completely new way to play a video game and i respect that. but this is just killing me. watch this video.

at first i was pumped up for the wii music having an ukulele to play. then they went on to describe it. and then i heard them actually play it.

heres the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqxx0i-unA&feature=related

see for yourself.

Love my wii, but their description of ALL instruments are simplified. Remember, it's built for the masses, not musicians. Just be happy they even included the uke.

Crappy sound, but catchy tune at the end... sounded a lot like some klink keyboard effect.
That's why big kids don't play with Wiis. We play games on PCs. :D

That's the first I'd heard about this thing and Wow, that's pretty horrid. It sounds like a $10 keyboard you might be able to buy at Walgreen's or something. And to be honest I don't quite get how the game play works from the video. Mostly it just doesn't look particularly fun.

Overall and depending on how the game itself goes over it has the potential to both raise the general awareness of the ukulele as an instrument in the US (which would be nice) and at the same time reinforcing the notion of it as a "toy" (which would be less good)

I think this Wii music is a pretty bad ripoff of guitar hero, and a sad attempt at that. If Wii Music does come out, its not gonna be any good
stick to real ukulele

nothing to be angry over. don't like it? don't buy it. life goes on.

i've played the wii boxing, bowling and tennis games at a friend's house and it was quite entertaining. they also aren't 100% accurate portrayals of the actual sports, but still some good clean fun to most people.

Eh.... The Uke is what it is. Those of us in the know realize what a great instrument it is capable of being in the right hands. Most people don't have a clue. When my sister in law found out that I played she offered to buy me a Tiny Tim wig and then laughed her butt off. I showed her the vid of Jake playing Weeps and opened her eyes to the potential of the instrument but her initial reaction is where most poeple are at with the Uke.

My hope with the Wii game is that it will create curiosity in a few poeple. They will then do what I did and follow that curiosity, finding out in the process that the Uke can be an incredible instrument.

Getting angry at the portrayal of the Uke in that game seems to me kind of like all the guitar players who got angry at the poeple who had fun playing Guitar Hero. At the end of the day it's just a game.

Getting angry at the portrayal of the Uke in that game seems to me kind of like all the guitar players who got angry at the poeple who had fun playing Guitar Hero. At the end of the day it's just a game.
Maybe we need an equivalent Ukulele Hero game...?

the 1st word they say, is wrong :D

how is that playing it hahahaha

thats annoying.

Thats very true. looking back on it now i think i was just angry at being completely pumped for the uke to be on the wii, but then having my hopes and dreams shattered. lol i know its a game but o well. And I think the biggest thing that bothered me is the lack of research they did with putting the ukulele on the game. One they could have pronounced it right, and two they could have put in a better sounding ukulele. Im just saying I would rather hear a kamaka instead of a hilo. d'ya know what I mean?

Thats very true. looking back on it now i think i was just angry at being completely pumped for the uke to be on the wii, but then having my hopes and dreams shattered. lol i know its a game but o well. And I think the biggest thing that bothered me is the lack of research they did with putting the ukulele on the game. One they could have pronounced it right, and two they could have put in a better sounding ukulele. Im just saying I would rather hear a kamaka instead of a hilo. d'ya know what I mean?

I really do get what you mean. I love the Uke. I love the way it can sound, and I love playing it. I hate the fact that almost every single time I tell someone that I play one I have to defend my choice against wrong preconceived notions.

The thing about that particular game though is that all the instruments pretty much suck. I just listened to the trumpet vid. I have a nephew who knows his way around a trumpet. I get a huge kick out of listening to him. The instrument that made the noise the game was playing has nothing to do with the sound I hear when my nephew plays a real trumpet. I have not listened to the rest but I am seaing a patern. Ya gotta let it go.

Side note of mild interest to those who post here: I watched the vid of the Wii Uke by clicking on the original link. At the end of that vid, Youtube threw up a few vids that I might click on and enjoy. One of those was the video put up by Russbuss415 for Deach's "Up Yours" contest. Seems like all Youtube Uke vids eventualy lead here. That can only be seen as a good thing by me cause following my curiosity is how I got here. If someone finds there way here, they might learn what the Uke is capable of.

If they make a sequel/update, Aldrine should license "Uke on a Stick" as one of the playable songs. That'll change peoples' minds about the ukulele. :eek:

Top Bottom