Slight stall to the Daily Ukulele: Joey is taking a field trip to the hospital

Plainsong

Reaction score
Joey texted me to let everyone know that there's a slight DU delay while she's in the hospital. Her lungs need some more help, and in order to get them the right help, they have to test what's happening when she sleeps. They slipped her into the schedule quickly, so when she posted the DU thread she wouldn't have yet known they would suddenly have her come in.

As of now it's supposed to just be an overnight stay, but it's always an adventure with brittle asthma.

That her lungs got suddenly so much worse so quickly has been a bit of a shock, so please everyone keep her in your thoughts and let's hope that this next step gets her breathing easy again.

Thanks for the update. I have a somewhat mild form of allergy-induced asthma, but even with milder asthmas, the lungs can develop problems quickly. I hope Joey will be okay and send out my thoughts and prayers to her that her medical providers find the problem quickly and that she gets better very soon.

Thank you for passing along Joeys update...Kim I will pray for Joey..and hopes they can diagnose the issue

Always in my prayers.

Just to let everyone know, the hospital have sent me home for the weekend as nothing will get done over the two days so I'll probably be back in on Mon/Tues for these tests and will try to let you all know when I can, if not I'll get Kim to update you all!

Thanks for the update. I have a somewhat mild form of allergy-induced asthma, but even with milder asthmas, the lungs can develop problems quickly. I hope Joey will be okay and send out my thoughts and prayers to her that her medical providers find the problem quickly and that she gets better very soon.

Yeah I'm a mild... very mild asthmatic. I can get a flare up if some allergy or maybe an inflammation after an illness happens. The first time was really scary, but now the warning signs are so clear and usually so avoidable that inhalers and steroids have gone expired. That first time though, it was so frightening, and I don't even have asthma.

That was scary enough, to have not just full on asthma, but the difficult brittle kind... can't be fun.

Top Bottom