Baritone GCEA vs. Tenor GCEA

Ben Mulleman

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations!

I recently purchased an Ortega baritone, I'll try and review it soon.

My question was what people here think of high gcea on a baritone vs the same on a tenor in terms of sound. I don't own a tenor so I can't really compare sound.

I'm quite pleased with it, it sounds very full and rich.

What are your thoughts?

Doesn't matter what I think. It is your uke and if you are happy with it - that is great. It is all personal preference. Enjoy it.

Doesn't matter what I think. It is your uke and if you are happy with it - that is great. It is all personal preference. Enjoy it.

Ahh this is true I guess. It was also more of a poll though, I'm curious if there are alot of people who string baritones with high g.

Ahh this is true I guess. It was also more of a poll though, I'm curious if there are alot of people who string baritones with high g.

Gotcha....but like I said, it is all personal preference. If you enjoy the "very full and rich" sound of the GCEA on your baritone - that is all that matters. Either way - have fun and enjoy!

I think my bari has the most awesome sound, I have it tuned up about two steps from standard DGBE with Worth Brown tenor strings. I have a tenor in re-entrant and one in low 4th, and it is nice to have both, as the re-entrant tenor can be used for standard tuning music. I just find the stretch on the bari a little much for my old hands.

hi ben am thinking of buying clearwater round back baritone which is tuned to G C E A cheers nige

I am the opposite I suppose. I tuned my Baritone High G and hated it...went back to DGBE before settling on Low G tuning for it, which I absolutely love. In high G, i lost the bottom end of the bari, which I love, and which was already compromised by tuning C instead of D. Whole different thing for tenor though- all three of mine are tune High G because I felt the body was so small it made the low g note muddy to my ears. This is not the case for everyone however as lots of folks tune tenors low g...shoot, there are some folks who tune soprano to low g.

Top Bottom