Summer NAMM: Breedlove

Mim

Reaction score
Breedlove is expensive, but they are pristine with a reputation of excellence in the guitar world. Guitar manufacturers jumping on the ukulele band wagon usually produces cringe-worthy results. But these Breedloves are sah-weet and Kim Breedlove has a special interest in ukuleles, so it is a passion rather than a "band wagon" deal!

That being said. Kim Breedlove does only about 5 signature items a year. Mainly guitars, but other instruments as well. They are very limited and very rare. They had one on display here at NAMM, a Tenor Ukulele. Spruce top, myrtle back and sides, slotted headstock, abalone purfling, and a hand crafted seahorse inlay on the neck. It is so pretty, so perfect, and it was hand-crafted and signed by the master himself!

Take a look at this inlay:

IMG_5220.jpg

See the sold sign? It is coming to my shop. I am now an official Breedlove dealer and I am excited for this next and unique step for my business. Here are a few more glamour shots!

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

I'll be in my bunk.

Congrats on the Breedlove deal! If only I had something more than monopoly money. But the people not reading this thread right now, they're in for a shock. You can go to MIM for your freakin' Breedlove needs! :D

That uke would look great next to my Breedlove guitar...

...hmmmmm...my birthday is in a month...oh husband!

That is a stunning uke!

Hey Mim, congrats on the dealership and thanks so much for sharing all of these pics and your comments from NAMM! It's almost like being there.

THAT is one stunning ukulele! Can't wait to hear how it sounds & see the pricetag! Just gorgeous!!!!

:drool:

I am SO glad to see this second photo of the inlay because there was a shadow or something on the first photo that made it look like the cut was real sloppy around the crest of the seahorse's head and filled with gobs of black filler - very relieved to see the second image!

Definitely a pretty uke but kind of an interesting departure from what I think of when I think of Breedlove guitars - I don't own one but I've always thought of them as reasonably priced high-end guitars where emphasis was on sound rather than bling. I have a couple of friends with Breedlove guitars and they're actually rather plain but with amazing playability and tone.

John

What a delicious ukulele!

I am SO glad to see this second photo of the inlay because there was a shadow or something on the first photo that made it look like the cut was real sloppy around the crest of the seahorse's head and filled with gobs of black filler - very relieved to see the second image!

Definitely a pretty uke but kind of an interesting departure from what I think of when I think of Breedlove guitars - I don't own one but I've always thought of them as reasonably priced high-end guitars where emphasis was on sound rather than bling. I have a couple of friends with Breedlove guitars and they're actually rather plain but with amazing playability and tone.

John

Oh no, this thing is perfect. No sloppy nothing. I will also be carrying their other models that are not very bling-y. The Tenor Spruce/Sepele and the Master Class Koa. They are all pretty pricy though. Especially this one because it is definitely a show piece and one of a kind. So basically, they only have 2 models that are consistent. The Spruce and the Master Class Koa. Everything else is custom. But none of them are cheap. They are perfect though. This one is going to be collectors quality with the build and work being done by Kim Breedlove himself. His signature is on the label and this is among one of the few items he has made himself this year. He is also most involved in the uke department now so there is not a uke that is not touch by him personally.

Last edited:
Hey, Mim. You know how I'm not a fan of spruce?

I'd throw that out the window for this.

That is sexy as heck!

Hey, Mim. You know how I'm not a fan of spruce?

I'd throw that out the window for this.

That is sexy as heck!

If you heard the price though you would DIE. Seriously. This little beauty ain't gonna come cheap, but there will be a lucky person to buy this and really have a piece of history and a one of a kind treasure.

I think it is sold. I am getting the final price tomorrow for my buyer. (There is no price list for the customs). But I will have the spruce and the koa very soon!

Mim, congratulations on the dealership! Breedlove obviously knows a class act when it shows up at their booth taking pictures. ;)

I have been snubbed before by companies that want to just deal with big dealerships and people that will offer both their guitars and their ukuleles. But, this has seriously been a passion for Kim Breedlove and they seem just as excited to have me as I am excited to have them. The stars alligned perfectly. And I really love my contact with them. Which always helps. And he really advocated for me. I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship :)

Top Bottom