Summer NAMM: Big Island Booth

Mim

Reaction score
Last one! I swear! I am almost out of pictures anyway. I kind of took these for my own information because all but 3 of these are going into my stock. But then I was looking at them and was thinking... dang... lets show off the pretty Koa!!! And Mango :)!

Ok... yall know about Big Islands. So what more can I say!

So instead of rambling on with way too many exclimation points, I will let the pictures speak for themselves! Tee hee hee!

I know I posted this picture, but I want to cover the whole booth, so here are the Imua ukuleles again!

IMG_5130-1.jpg

The Deluxe Honu XXX Series... all lines up and pretty! That soprano cut of wood is particularly nice.

IMG_5131.jpg

The Honu Rope Series and Honu Traditional Series, side by side.

IMG_5132.jpg

Big Island Traditional Koa Series

IMG_5135.jpg

Big Island Tortoise Rope Series

IMG_5134.jpg

Big Island Mango Series, Mango is yummy looking!

IMG_5140.jpg

Everyone should own a Big Island.

I'd like one. Mango tenor, please.

Very beautiful. I've heard they sound great, too.

Ok, I think I've fallen in love with the cutaway Honu!

just not crazy about the soundhole decoration on the mangos.

I've just been reading a couple of threads about Big Island ukes. Someone mentioned that they are made in Vietnam. Is that correct ?

Thanks for all the eye candy, Mim! I bought a Honu Traditional tenor from a UUer two years ago, when I wanted to upgrade from my Kala solid acacia tenor with my first koa ukulele. It's a wonderful uke with beautiful koa, a great tone and great feel. It looks like since then, Big Island has upped its game even more. If I didn't already have Honu Traditional tenor, these photos would be causing my credit cards to cower in the dark corners of my wallet. :)

I've just been reading a couple of threads about Big Island ukes. Someone mentioned that they are made in Vietnam. Is that correct ?

correct, "hand made" in Vietnam with wood shipped from HI. Though their new imua line is supposed to be made in HI.

What's the inlay on the head on the imua series? I can't make it out.

I love the sound hole on the mango, they sound so sweet, I am going to buy one today LUSH!!!!!

Beautiful! I love the look of that Imua soprano!

I know this is an old thread, but I just have to comment that I DO NOT like the headstock on the Honu's.

Top Bottom