rick turner in fretboard journal

hawaii 50

Reaction score
rick turner>>in THE DAY>>

rick turner in fretboard journal..
rick worked with many of the legends in music..wow

Last edited:
nice article on rick ..in 60's/70's..he worked with the best musicians/legends..check it out if you can..

And still at it. Unretirable... But very ukable...

And playing...Uke Ellington will do a song at the Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz at open mic on Thursday, then at Ukulele Mele in Carmel next Saturday...two shows...with the incredible Meghan McGeary on vocals and melodica...

And when is the next show in New Orleans?

Ahhh, Dirk, we'd love to, but scheduling us is a nightmare; we can barely get it together here in Santa Cruz. Our main singer, Meghan McGeary www.meghanmcgeary.com is pursuing a theater career working out of New York. She did a fantastic off-Broadway production last year..."The Blue Flower"...and she has some upcoming role offers and auditions. So...

I am pretty proud of what we sound like, though. We've reduced big band arrangements down for two ukes, bass, and vocal/melodica. Goodman/Christian, Reinhardt, Weill, Carmichael, Ellington, etc...

Thanks, Rick! I'm interested in reading the article, but mostly I want to be able to tell people that I've met you. :)

For something completely different, my old band from 1966-'68, "Autosalvage", is going to be featured sometime in the next few weeks on Terry Gross' NPR program, "Fresh Air" in a segment done by rock historian Ed Ward. We did one album for RCA. It went lead... Talk about another blast from my past...

Top Bottom